Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Refreshing Balboa City

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Retep Molinari

Two new redevelopment projects have gone a long way in helping Balboa City rebuild over the past decade. Here are some more of the changes the city experienced.

For full resolution on all pics: Right click image + "View image." Very worth it!!

The central hospital, built in 1910, was in sore need of expansion. But with local transit routes maxed out, a new option was needed.

balboacitydec3332127940.png

Room was found within the Western neighborhood Plan to build a brand new hospital.Easily accessible by mss transit, the new hospital could serve 30,000 residents.

balboacityoct8333127940.png

The completed hospital, looking north. The Grove Street rail line passes nearby.

balboacityjan9334127940.png

A close up at dusk, looking south.

balboacityjul1433612796.png

Balboa Terrace park was nearly unchanged since it was built in 1923.

balboacityfeb9322126906.png

An upgrade in 2006 changed little, other than paving the paths. A new rugby field was added, however.

balboacityoct1933412794.png

Just for fun, lets compare Balboa City in 1930....

balboacitymay1179124072.png

To today...

balboacityoct7335127940.png

Enjoy!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

4 Comments

Wow.  Awesome city man.  I love being able to look back at when the city was younger and how massive it is now.

Share this comment

Nice update! I like the construction picture for the hospital. The streets in the park are cool. Where did you pick those up?

Share this comment

Eldaldo: Thanks for the comment. The City really grew naturally, too, which made me happy!

JGellock: I got thoes on the STEX, I think. Maybe search for "park paths."

Paulobergonci: Why thank you!. You can check back to earlier posts to really see how it got better!

Share this comment