New Chandler III

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Parque De La Brea

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
k50

thefunktopus: Thanks for the comment! I haven't seen much rolling stock-ism here, so I thought I would try something new. Thats the whole point of this journal, really :)
Mithrik: Thanks for the comment, I am glad you like it!
TekindusT: Thanks for the comment, my friend! I just rode the Acela last month (to New York, to rub it in to you more :twisted:) so I am in the railroad set of mind. About the two Palomino's, you didn't see anything! (the top one should be Sophanem, the bottom one is still Palomino).

cmdp123789: Thanks for the comment! I didn't have SimCity installed when I did the last update (I just got a new computer last week :D so I just did that instead!)
escalade.01: Thanks for the comment, I am glad you like my CJ so much. Those are called "Slip Lanes" and can be found in the Network Widening Mod on SimCity4Devotion here: http://bit.ly/chBpBt (register here: http://bit.ly/3La1g)

sepen77: Thanks for the comment! I am glad you liked it.
greckman: Thanks for the comment, I realized that nobody else showed rolling stock much... so I tried it! Glad you liked it.
canyonjumper: Thanks for the comment, I am glad you liked it!

Wacky32: Thansk for the comment. Oooh Ahhh...
mayorm: Thanks for the comment. Model trains are pretty tight :)
dcmetro34: Thanks for the comment, I am glad you liked the update.
Skimbo: Thanks for the comment. Besides the high-speed, it's a somewhat older system, so thats why most have diesel engines. ;)

There were no comments at SimSports.
----------------
Good news! K50 Dude got a new computer, and Windows 7 and Sim City cooperate! More good news, New Chandler is now a junior member of the Alliance of Independent Nations (AIN or AOIN) and the journal will be moving over there as well. Even more good news, I also got Office 2010, which has cooler options for PowerPoint (thats what makes my headers and added text to images) so that will also be more qualitative. Life is good! :)

Parque De La Brea lies in the Spanish District between the Miracle Mile/Plaza Mall and Highway 2. Going between La Brea Avenue and Diagonal Avenue, this park is about 2 and a half blocks, making it the largest park in town besides International Park (which you will see on August 12 during the Torch Relay and Block Party).

The park has two towers. This particular tower is the largest, you can see the entire park from the top.

The original Fairfax Hotel is located in Parque De La Brea. Many more have been built since this first one (the ISC stayed at one in Winchester during the session).

The Botanical Garden is the centerpiece of the park. Surrounded by beautiful, huge trees from the tropics, pathways, and the reflecting pool, you can feel the paradise of New Chandler here like no other place in the country.

Trying the blur/focus image thing on this picture. 

It looks like when transferring files from my old computer to my new one, I lost a dependency (look to the left) :oops: Also looks like I missed a spot on the mall for my bluring :P oh dear...

Until I find that dependency, enjoy this small update! :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

5 Comments

Very, very nice; so much greenery! If you hadn't told, I wouldn't have noticed those blurred brown boxes... Can't wait to see your torch relay, I've began today on preparing mine!

Share this comment

Good park, and much people wouldn't have noticed that brown boxes if you hadn't mentioned them.

Share this comment