Motonui

Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comment
  • Views

Intro and Background information.

Sign in to follow this  
Hamish

Well, I finally decided to do something about the lack of CJ's made by me.

So I had to think to myself, "What do some CJ's have that others don't?" and "What makes good CJ's good?" but more importantly, "What don't other CJ have that I can take advantage of?"

So, after thinking hard about these questions, especially the last one, I came up with the answer.

That is...

Did you really think I would reveal all of my secretes at the start? 

So I had my idea, and I started building my region. I had to use one of mine of course, or what type of mapper would I be. Not a very good one I did find out while making this CJ, more on that latter So I am using my map Island Life, which recently made 1000 downloads.

This is what it looked like...

regionze9.jpg

This CJ told me a lot about mapping. Firstly, my maps are too small, big enough to make a region, but still too small.

Now I am going to go and admit it, the finished product isn't the best. But some of you might have noticed my signature saying that it will be the best, if you haven't heres a quote...

[Q]Have you ever lay awake at night and wondered "When is the next best CJ coming".

Well wait no longer!

Ok, maybe a few more days, But the best thing since sliced bread is coming soon.

hopefully before the end of the month.

I suppose you have waited long enough.

It will be out Saturday or Sunday

Yes, you've waited long enough now. Click the link in my sig pic.[/Q]

Its the CJ, Im talking about, as mentioned above, it uses alot of hardly seen, and some never before seen ways of looking at SimCity 4.

Ok, I've talked enough to put anyone on steroids and coffee to sleep, so lets jump right into it.

First city pictures, but from the first settlement.

Now yes, I know they didn't have helicopters back when ever these were taken, but if you can just get past that and pretend that it is the artists vision of what it looks like.

Firstly, an overview of their life.

boatpc1.jpg

They liked their protection, and so they built a castle, although there were no other forces anywhere.

castlewi5.jpg

They did eat, and they liked beef, so they brought cows with them.

cowmx7.jpg

This is where they landed, I think they were lucky to find this place, don't you?

roadwr2.jpg

Now I guess your thinking, "Well thats all good and dandy, but what about some pictures closer to today?"

Well I thought of that too. Lets just skip ahead a few hundred years to the invention of the helicopter and colour photos...

regionfinalblurif6.gif

Opps, I guess the photographer forgot how to take clear pictures. While I deal with him feel free to have a closer look at the region through one of my revolutionary ideas...

For a higher definition image go 

click "watch in high quality.

Trust me, there is more where that came from.

Well, thats it for the first update.

NOTE: My pictures are taken in 800x500, like haljackey does in his The Greater Terran Region (Lucky haljackey you get a plug in my CJ) I find that these size pictures are easier to look at.

NOTE AGAIN: the names of the landmarks in the video are Maori words, so is the title. Not many people would speak Maori here, so it doesn't matter that most of the names are just literal translation and don't actually translate properly. Most will mean something like big mountain, or small bay ect.

NOTE ALSO: I have decided, as one of my "Ideas" that this CJ, will get some structure behind it. I will post in an order with a theme for each one. 

1. Normal pictures, one will be a heavily photoshopped picture.

2. Normal Pictures, one will be a mosaic.

3. Normal Pictures, however there will also be a video of some sort.

This Post counts as number "3". So you will need to wait 3 more updates until a new video.

Congratulations, If you are reading this you have survived the first update. You now have the reward of being able to reply, don't like it? Well think of all the poor souls that died trying to get through the first update, you don't want to join them do you?

Sign in to follow this  

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.