• Comments
  • Views

Chapter 3 : Apartments, the landscape of Selbring

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tigeria

selbringbanner.jpg

Chapter 3 : Apartments, the landscape of Selbring

I arrived at the Majesty Hotel for the meet up with my new colleague who will also be my host for my time in Cannasera. A slim, tall man who was waiting at the Hotel Lobby came to welcome me.

"You must be Mr Yhonsae. I am Ben Honshau. I'll be your coordinator and assistant here"

After I settled in to my hotel room where I would be staying for now, until my apartment is ready, Ben briefed me some background information of how the Ministry works here and some of the details i would need before I start work at the office officially tomorrow. Thereafter he took me to the different estates of the city for a short visit.

pic3ul.jpg

Pic A : This is Blocks 201 to 205 of Lower Fignam Avenue. The government has planned residential developments that for every 3 grids of residential development, there will be a grid for recreational (such as parks, walkways, playgrounds etc). And because parking is a problem in Selbring, multi-storeyed carparks are built.

pic4lm.jpg

Pic B : One of the older estates in the city. This is the Empress Road estates. They have been here since the 1970s.

pic5lowres.jpg

Pic C : Apart from apartments/ flats, low rise residentials also exist in Selbring. However they will only be found in the outskirts of the city centre. The relatively richer Tigerians are able to live in such houses. These houses are private developments. In other words, the government only builts the basic infrastructure (like roads etc) and have no control over these developments.

pic6eg.jpg

Pic D: The Sepeling Canal Estate. The Sepeling Canal is one of the many canals in the city that handles the water current that flows in and out of the city. The government invested hefty amounts of money to built these canals to prevent seasonal floods that are common in the city

pic2lj.jpg

Pic E :  A closeup of Sepeling Canal and the residential development around it.

* I hope you have enjoyed my CJ so far. Please leave comments. I am still learning and will improve on my entries in future. :D *

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

7 Comments

Nice CJ! Did you get your inspiration from Singapore, because it seems a lot like it (coming from a Singaporean)!

Share this comment

Guest velbob

Posted

The night city view is amazing! Organized and neat. Where do you get your inspiration from?

Share this comment

pilliar117 : Wow you got it spot on! Yea i got the inspiration from Singapore. Just that i add my own ideas into the original.
velbob : Thank you (: I got my inspiration from the government housing in Singapore. But i add my own touch to them. :D

Share this comment

Just a bit of advice. Can you next time show us a picture of the Canal in the daylight? I was having difficulty finding where the Canal was. Other then that, I really admire your planning techniques for the City. 

Share this comment