• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Welcome to Selbring City

Sign in to follow this  
tigeria

selbringbanner.jpg

Chapter 2: More Information about Selbring

Firstly, let me introduce to you Tigeria.

tigerianinfo.jpg

Tigeria is located in the Pacific Ocean region. A land that was discovered when Earth expanded (fiction) and Pacific Ocean's area increased in size. Tigeria was one of the 6 new countries that emerge during the expansion of Earth. The other 5 countries are, New Ford, Sinbira, Athchenia, Kretania and Buetonia. It has been classified in the continent of Asia.

tigeriamap.jpg

Short History of Tigeria:

1870 - Discovery of Tigeria by a British trader, Arthur Knight

1875 - Knight signed a treaty with the natives of Tigeria to make Tigeria a base for the British Army for the Pacific

1890 - Tigara was made capital of Tigeria as it was Tigeria's busiest fishing port and British naval ships were stationed there

1910 - Was attacked by Buetonia (then Bueton Tigeria) .  The Buetonese captured many cities in the Southern parts of Tigeria.

1912 - British intervention resolved the war.

1939 - Attacked and defended against Buetonia (who later became ally of Japan in the WW2)

1940 to 1945 - Involved in the World War 2

1950s - Rebuilding and expansion of Tigeria

1980s - Became a member of the POAN (Pacific Ocean Alliance Nations)

1990s - Became a member of UN

=================================================================================================================

The Housing Story of Cannasera

After the second World War, many of the Tigerians were still living in suburbs and villages where infrastructure, power, water, sanitation were not properly built and planned. Thus diseases and illnesses were common for Tigeria. In the 1950s, the "Baby Boom" sent Tigeria into a turmoil. The birth rate increased from 4 per family to a staggering of 6 per family. Housing became an immediate problem to be resolved. Urban expansions also meant that the suburbs, villages and slums had to be removed, yet provide the residents proper housing.

The Ministry of Housing was then established with an aim to provide housing to the many Tigerians that was to be affected in the redevelopment of Tigeria. Cannasera was the state that needed most help as it was one of the larger states and most populated states of Tigeria. Selbring was Cannasera's main city for development.

pic1oldtimes.jpg

Early housing projects in Selbring, Cannasera ( Prince Street Estate, 1956 )

pic1now.jpg

Housing now in Selbring ( Prince Street Estate, present )

Roads, bus services, subways and elevated rail (Mass Rapid System), expressways were built in Selbring to provide basic infrastructure for the residential estates. Drainage, Power, Water infrastructures were also invested to allow every resident to have access to electricity, gas and water at any time of the day without disruption.

By the 1970s, almost every Tigerian in Tigeria had a roof over their heads, a place to call their home.

Sign in to follow this  

14 Comments

Recommended Comments

Guest velbob

Posted

Love it! Your history story is interesting. Detailed housing structure you've got there.

Share this comment

I really love City Journals that give us a history, on a local, and global stage. I especially liked the state map that you added. This is a good start to a City Journal that I will be following for as long as it's going.

Share this comment

maniv : I got them from the SOMY Japanese site. Here's the link : http://members3.jcom.home.ne.jp/somy000/  :D

Share this comment

me too i don't know japanese too. Just click on the picture of the ones you want to download and it will automatically show u a pop up regarding how you want to open the ZIP file.

Share this comment

the ones you want are on P7. just click on the picture and u can download the ZIP file. No dependencies.

Share this comment