World

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Chicago - Downtown and Suburbs

ilikehotdogsalot

bannx.jpg

CHICAGO - DOWNTOWN &SUBURBS

Chicago is situated along Lake Michigan in Northern United States. It's known as the 'Windy City', but no one knows if it's because of its lake breezes or shaky politics. The city is a major bussiness hub with one of the nation's busiest airports. Many tall buildings can be found here, as well as famous museums, homes, and the delicious deep dish pizza!

chi1zp.jpg

The John Hancock Building, Park Hyatt Hotel, and Chicago Water Tower in the midst of the Magnificent Mile.

54119854.jpg

Looking over the Aon Center to Millenium Park's Jay Pritzker Pavilion.

24968784.jpg

The Trump International Hotel and Tower was recently completed and hovers over the river, here's an interesting shot where all the nearby buildings fall out of the frame.

fa1h.jpg

The famous Farnsworth House in suburban Chicago lies along a beautiful river.

ldrw.jpg

Chicago's Lake Shore Drive along Lake Michigan is one of the top scenic drives in the United States.

adlery.jpg

The Adler Planetarium is another one of Chicago's interesting buildings and a popular tourist spot.

chicagooo.jpg

A tour of Chicago couldn't be complete without an image of the Sears Tower (aka Willis Tower).

24 Comments

As I was scrolling down, I was wondering where the Sears Tower was... I'm not a huge fan of Chicago, but I'm sure you've put a lot of effort for making another excellent update!

Share this comment

Final someone did some justice in recreating the city of Chicago. Where did u find that Trump Tower? I because found on here but I didn't like the quality of the product.The one you have is really well done.

Share this comment

I tried to make Chicago and it came out close to this but i could never get the river and millenium park down but you definetly did!

Share this comment

Fabulous as always, Daniel !   Chicago certainly looks wonderful, I really liked how you showed us some of the suburbs as well !

Ethan

Share this comment

One thing I would have liked to see was the Chicago "L"  very good entry though, I actually learned a lot from it (like the farnsworth house)  

Share this comment

Thanks for the comments! 

As for the L, woops, I forgot about taking pics of that...For the Trump Tower, I used this semi-recreation by PDA:

http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=4139

It's a little taller and not really an exact recreation but it fits the bill.

Share this comment

Yeah, the loop is essential, but as usual your work is incredible! 
For the Trump Tower, there's a better version: http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=3193 or this: http://www.toutsimcities.com/inc_downloads/downloads_img.php?view=1168

Share this comment

Excellent CJ and good to see Chicago featured here. Perhaps the entry could be edited to include the L. Good stuff there. Always good times with RAIL!

Share this comment

Very, very well done, as I've come to expect. :) What did you use for the shore of the Farnsworth River?

Share this comment

I see that you used my BAT, and its right where it should be in the city too. Also you called the Sears tower by its correct name . Great job on the city it looks pretty accurate.

Share this comment

A very good recreation of Chicgo, I wonder wich city or region will be the next?

Share this comment

Nice! Being a Chicagoan, you have truly done my home town justice! I'd also like to see the El, Navy Pier, maybe Miggs Field or Chicago Harbor. 

Quick Question: Where did you get the river for the Farnsworth House pic, and the International Trump Tower BAT? 

Great job!

Share this comment

Great!  You did a good job of picking shots where the landmarks were BATed.

And it was a plesant surprise seeing my Farnsworth House!

Share this comment

Thanks everybody, nice to see you here Jason! 

I used some river pieces by diggis that I downloaded in sc4devotion for the river by the Farnsworth House.

Two Prudential Plaza: http://27.pro.tok2.com/~chilitomato2/

Share this comment

Showing how the Sears Tower is dilapidated... excellent touch when you consider the current state of the real Sears company.

Share this comment