• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

SMUR - Interesting places and Ares : Le Temple

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flpeLyyy

semttulovg.jpg

In this post well show you a little piece of Asia inside Les Cascades !

Le Temple ia a small neighborhood located next to the old downtown. This area, once located in a small hill by the sea, was flattened and reurbanized, intending to be a new commercial area. However, the shops didn't come and constructors didn't know what to do.

As asiatic inmigrattion was growing sensitive that time, the constructors started to sell the empty lots to Japanese/Chinese inmigrants by cheap prices.

The name comes from a buddhist temple, built by the first inmigrants. Instead of refusing to support the construction, the city hall approved the project knowing that it would be an interesting landmark.

saintmariedelamermar211.jpg

The Japanese inmigrants and descendents have their shops on Temple central area and nearby. They usually don't live there, living on St. Marie residential areas; nowadays you can see japanese people buying or hanging around the neighbourhood, but renting apartments above their shops to chinese, vietnamese and korean new inmigrants.

(Sorry for the pause mark, I forgot it... O:) 

saintmariedelamermar171.jpg

The Tan Fu Street, along the seawalls, is a great place to relax when eating your obento, or a plate with lots of gyoza, or simply watch the sea and listen to the many unknown languages you hear everywhere...

saintmariedelamermar261.jpg

South Tan Fu street is more chinese, with some restaurants and typical shops. Chineses are a smaller community - barely reaching the 6,000 people.

saintmariedelamermar141.jpg

Finally, a local skyscraper, the old Coca-Cola building, which was located in downtown and was rebuilt at Le Temple.

saintmariedelamermar241.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

1 Comment

Wow .... This is really great ... i love this  .... I love the way tou merged the old world Euro sty;es ans the rough asain styles .... it really looks nice ... I had that same idea when building one of my cities .... very cool :D

Share this comment