World

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Saint Moritz - Ski Resort

ilikehotdogsalot

baa.jpg

SAINT MORITZ - SKI RESORT

Saint Moritz is a ski resort town in a small valley tucked between the Swiss Alps. It is one of the oldest and most famous winter resorts in the world because of its favorable location near a lake and mountains. Skiing and snowboarding is popular in the winter along the tall mountains right outside the old city center.

ski1.jpg

Skiiers sliding down a mountain near the cable cars. Safety nets make sure they avoid the pylons.

ssssqs.jpg

Saint Moritz's old center with quaint timberframe homes and shops. Looks like the road plowers need to be called soon!

viewxu.jpg

An overview of one of the ski slopes.

aaaaaou.jpg

Some small homes and a train station in the outskirts of Saint Moritz.

ski22.jpg

A diagonal ski lift in one of the taller slopes in Saint Moritz.

ski4g.jpg

Some more advanced skiiers in the unguarded restricted slopes, unfortunately this location has many accidents.

nightx.jpg

A secluded cabin in the outskirts of the city by a frozen lake.

15 Comments

Is it me or the ski lifts on the fifth pics seem to be "floating", as building and shadows don't begin on the same place? Anyways, another excellent update!

Share this comment

The slope on the third picture looks like a lot of fun to ski down  Excellent entry as usual! 

Share this comment

Thanks guys, glad you liked it! I noticed the shadows on the ski lift pic too, turns out I needed to have a steeper slope. I fixed it now, so the shadows should look a little better now. 

Share this comment

Wow extremely realistic and beautiful. I love the skiers with the cable cars as the background. 5 stars! :D

Share this comment