• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Arrow Hills

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spursrule14

arrowheadbanner.jpg

Well guys, this concludes the City of Arrowhead. A big THANKS 19.gif to everyone who has supported this CJ up to this point!! But don't worry, it's not over! The rest of Marsdon County is still to come!

In the 1950s, a new fad took root in Arrowhead as it was doing in so many other big cities at the time. And I'm not talking about the jitterbug, I'm talking about suburbia. Residents, who could afford to do so, fled the urban scene and headed for the largely undeveloped northeast side of Arrowhead. In the early '60s, the area had grown to nearly 5,000 residents, and it became an officially recognized neighborhood known as Arrow Hills. Over the next forty years, Arrow Hills experienced unprecedented growth, as did both Arrowhead and surrounding Marsdon County. In 1971, city leaders decided the time was financially right for Arrowhead to tee up. The city, along with donations from Arrow Hills residents, built Arrowhead Country Club & Resort on the site of an abandoned rock quarry, and it became the first golf course not only in Arrowhead but in Marsdon County as well.

Today, the area remains the nice middle-class neighborhood it began as, and is the largest neighborhood in the city in terms of both population and land area. In fact, it has grown so much that the neighborhood is further defined as either North or South Arrow Hills.

ah50.jpg

ah2l.jpg

Arrow Hills begins just east of Uptown

ah401.jpg

ah301.jpg

ah601.jpg

North and South Arrow Hills

ah70.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

7 Comments

I commend you on how the country club integrates so perfectly with the neighborhood! You made it a beautiful place.

Share this comment

[quote name='Stanky Hank' timestamp='1311257603']
I commend you on how the country club integrates so perfectly with the neighborhood! You made it a beautiful place.
[/quote]
thanks!!

Share this comment