Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Evergreen Lakefront International Airport - Concourse A Renovation

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thepokemaniac

Evergreen Lakefront International AirportAs part of government stimulus money, concourse A at Evergreen Lakefront International Airport was rennovated. Built as the 2nd addition to the original airport, it was completed in 1974. The old concourse was old, crowded, and very old looking on the inside and out. This is the third project of seven total airport improvements, all of which include terminal renovations and additions. The original terminal and Concourse B have already been renovated, and Terminal 2 is currently under construction. With Delta Airlines looking at expanding their hub in  EVL, these improvements are long awaited.

evergreenlakefrontinter.png

As you can tell, the old concourse was very old looking. Passengers felt the same way, as did the airlines. The new concorse will feature larger windows, more bathrooms and stores, and 2 airline lounges (A Delta Sky Club, one of four in the airport, and an American Airlines Admirals Club, one of two at the airport.)

evergreenlakefrontinter.pngAfter over a year and a half of construction, the new concourse is finally complete.  This concourse mostly handles domestic and US bound flights, as well as a few Canadian and Japanese airlines as well.

evergreenlakefrontinter.png

The terminal is very busy. Flight destinations (clockwise from top left): DL342 New York JFK, DL89 Seattle, DL112 Houston IAH, DL Portland OR, DL543 Nashville, WS6503 Calgary, JL926 Tokyo Haneda.

evergreenlakefrontinter.pngAll in all, another day at the airport is over.

More updates on Evergreen-Lakefront International Airport soon to come, stay tuned!  4.gif

Adam

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

10 Comments

I'll be tuned! Is it me or you've got way too many baggage carts at the end of the concourses? I mean, if it's an usual thing, no problem (you know about airports much more than me...).

Share this comment

Massive airport! :o And I see West Jet in there!

Great update, and great airport! :)

Share this comment

REPLIES
blakeway: Thank you, I hope you enjoy the future updates!

TekindusT: Thanks! I got the idea of all the baggage cart storage from a recent trip to KATL, I was at the end of concourse D and there were a lot of Delta and AirTran Airlines luggage carts left idle for storage.

DCMetro34: Thanks Patrick, I appreciate it!

beebs: Massive? This is only part of it! I'm glad you like the WestJet, you'll be seeing some Air Canada planes the next update too!

Blakeway: Yes I did.

Adam

Share this comment

Nice Airport!

I really wish I had the patience to make these kinds of airports lol... the Maxis default one sucks.

Share this comment