• Comments
  • Views

Jan Haskins Parkway And Other Projects

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tarkus

Map

losendos22mapu46.th.png

Let's begin by looking at some of the Tartan Corridor Project.

Here is SE 50th Street near Tartan High School, as the widening is underway. (facing north)

u471.jpg

Here it is widened, with a new traffic signal at Tartan Way, the main access road to the school, just north of the point at which 50th curves and truns into SE Gehrts Way. (facing north)

u472.jpg

Next, let's look at some of the work going on on SE Memo Road/57th Street.

Here's a mess of temporary alignments built to allow construction crews room to build the new roadway. (all facing north)

Near Hardy and Ivy Streets.

u473.jpg

Near Argentum Drive.

u474.jpg

Near Ilmore Street.

u475.jpg

Here's a look at the intersection of 57th and Los Endos Blvd upon completion of the project.

u476.jpg

Finally, let's move onto the Jan Haskins Parkway, a major limited access arterial in the Foothill area. The City of Los Endos, with some assistance from TDOT, identified this rapidly growing part of the city as having a serious need for a new north-south arterial.

Here, the overpass has been built over Highway 94, and grading has begun in preparation for the rest of the road to be built. (facing east)

u477.jpg

The interchange with Highway 94 has been built in this pic. (facing east)

u478.jpg

And here's some more recent images of the Jan Haskins Parkway after completion. (You'll also notice I've switched over the region to my Wasco Terrain mod.)

This is the new Los Endos Boulevard/Jan Haskins Parkway intersection, the southern terminus of the new road. (facing east)

u479.jpg

The one at-grade intersection with Foothill Terrace. (facing east)

u4710.jpg

The parkway was quite an engineering feat on TDOT's part, given the mountainous topography surrounding it. Here are a couple images illustrating the relatively steep grade the road covers. In the second pic, you'll notice a road that's not on the map. It is a new east-west arterial called Broadvine Way, which you'll see more of in a future update. (facing north)

u4711.jpg

u4712.jpg

And that does it for this installment of Tarkusian Cities. More construction ahead . . .

-Alex

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

13 Comments

...And here we go!  Great to see that you got all the updates up with no problems!  The latest update looks amazing as always!  I love curvy roads and maps! 

Share this comment

Hey, Its great to see this up and running over here at ST.

I've always been a lurker on your MD, and I've always liked it, so its good to see it over here.

Share this comment

Great to see Tarkusian Cities here at ST! This update looks awesome, as usual.
Great map, highlights the road network very nicely.

Share this comment

hamish: Thanks for the kind words--I'm also very glad to hear I've gotten a lurker out of the shadows.
warrior:  Thanks!  The next update will be just around the corner here.
sim_link: Thanks, glad to be here, and thanks for the compliments on the map--there will be plenty more of them to come!

Share this comment

@Tarkus: You forgot Haljackey in your reply...
Apart from that, nice update, just read through whole CJ, and I can see that you're quit good at highways. Can't wait to see the next update!

Share this comment

Haljackey: Sorry I missed you there.  Thanks for the compliments on the roads and the map--the roads were especially fun to build, though dealing with the slopes was kind of tricky on that Parkway in particular.  And yes, the transfer came through very smoothly--just a simple copy-paste.

Korot:  Thanks for catching me there, and I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed the update and the entire CJ!  Hope you enjoy the latest update, which I've just posted.

Share this comment

Here's a look at the intersection of 57th and Los Endos Blvd upon completion of the project.

What mod/bat is that to make those large boulevards? Is it two avenues put together or something else?

Share this comment

[quote name='a2A209_' timestamp='1324873775']
On the Highway 94 interchange and the suburbs after it There is a risk of rock slide! :evil:
[/quote]

Fortunately, one of the final "punchlist" items for the project included installing more retaining walls. ;) The whole project did just about give the DOT's geologists a heart attack, though.

Share this comment