• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Lake Evergreen Causeway

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thepokemaniac

Lake Evergreen...

Lake Evergreen is Pacifica's Largest lake - it is 53 miles long and at its widest it is 39 miles across. In the 1980s, the city of Evergreen experienced rapid growth. This rapid growth made the area around the lake very attractive to residents. It took over an hour and a half in heavy traffic to go around the lake. So in 1985, the State of Evergreen DOT met to decide a permanent fix to the traffic problems. At first a regional railway was made, but it proved slow, crowded, and unreliable. The descision was finally made to build a causeway across the lake, cutting the commute time to just over 30 minutes, and 45 in heavy traffic.

Modeled after the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway in New Orleans, the Lake Evergreen Causeway is the longest causeway in the world, at 34 miles long. Because of low shipping traffic in the lake, no high portions of the bridge were made for large ships to pass under.

foxboroughjan6091279411.png

This is S. Causeway Blvd. at the Lakeside Shopping Center. This road has recently been widened as part of a government stimulus.

foxboroughjan7091279411.png

There are several hotels and other suburban stores around the Lakefront Shopping Center.

foxboroughjan8091279411.png

The average fare on the bridge is ~$3.50 USD. It is free on Fridays and weekends.

foxboroughjan9091279411.png

Instead of boring you with 6 pictures of bridge span, Ill just show one pic for you to get an idea of it! 3.gif

evergreenmar18471279411.png

The Causeway finally ends at the other end in Evergreen. Rather than being tolled at the North End of the bridge, the Toll Booth is located on S. Causeway Blvd.

Well I hope you enjoyed ! Took me 3 hours to make, spanning 3 city tiles.

Adam

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

8 Comments

this was cool , i just dled those parking lots :)

that was awesome seeing you had beat me to it adam..

nice update !

brian

Share this comment

Remember to turn off the grid 

I really like the toolbooths in the third-to-last picture, are they on the STEX?

Share this comment

REPLIES

b22rian: Thanks! Good luck with the parking lots, they're useful!

Schulmanator: Thanks! Great to have you here! 

k50dude: I believe they are... they're made by Heblem. And thanks for telling me, I always forget to turn it off! 

Skirmisher24: As a matter of fact it does! 

Share this comment

I really enjoy the use of the NWM and your thought when planning the transportation and also the zoning in your city, keep it up :)

Share this comment