• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Downtown Redwood & the capitol

Sign in to follow this  
panthersimcity4

This update is about downtown Redwood... and the capitol building.

redwood2.jpg

Redwood is a relatively small city, but don't let the size fool you... there's plenty of overworked politicians living here. Politics can get pretty strange though... just look at these ridiculous political posters:

goldstein2.jpg 

honeybukkitcopy.jpg

Needless to say, I'm thankful I'm not registered to vote in this state. 3.gif

redwood4.jpg

The state capitol was built in 1871 originally as a courthouse, when the island was a part of California. Then, in 1910, the building became the official state capitol.

redwood3.jpg

The main boulevard is where most people gather to shop, eat, or just hang out. Redwood has several ethnic restaurants (such as the Beirut Cafe, Tamil Tandoori, and Arrivederci's) and also local diners like Greasy Greg's or Sizzling Sue's.

redwood5.jpg

The downtown area is located in the north of the city, near the waterfront. There's really only two major business towers, the Redwood Tower Corp. and Washington Banks, Inc.

redwood6.jpg

Near downtown are the Redwood dams, which flow water out from Lake Redwood into the Pacific Ocean.

Thanks for reading. I've also been thinking of changing the name of the state... since I'm having second thoughts about "New Cholula".... I was thinking instead "New Loreto" ,or maybe you have an idea.... what do you think?

Sign in to follow this  

10 Comments

Recommended Comments

Wow, superb detail in all of that. I really like all the custom content, especially the dam!

-DC 

Share this comment

The last picture is the best one of this update because of a very creative use of different terrian props and walls.

And thoose funny political advertisments are a good idea

Great job

Share this comment

I loved this CJ before, but now it's even better! The political ads are hilarious, and the city looks awesome. I especially like the trees in the center of the avenue in picture #5.

Share this comment

How about... Los (On second thought, maybe Las, but I thought that was to Nevadany, this one is Californiany) Madera?

Los Madera?

Share this comment

DCMetro34: Thanks :)
Unmannedperson: Thank you for the compliment. :D
Skimbo: Thanks! It took a while to get all of the terrain props to look satisfying
TekindusT: thanks! I'm glad you liked 'em, I was a bit unsure about posting them but I'm glad they're funny :)
Paulobergonci: Thanks!
Jamonbread: Thanks!
10goliath: Thanks, yea I liked the idea of making a boulevard with trees on it.
Sky Guy: lol, thanks, glad to hear you like it!
Kigaauuimp879: Sounds good.... I'll add it to the pool of possible names. Most likely I'll just leave the name the way it is though

Share this comment