• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

10 - St. Marie : Urban Renewal - General urban space

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flpeLyyy

semttuloce.jpg

I'm gonna show you what have been improved in St. Marie de la Mer now !

The city expasion impact caused problems which were in need to be fixed : Lack of homes, density issues, decadent areas, etc.

The density next to downtown areas was a problem. People living in small houses were refusing to leave their homes to give space for big residential and shops. The government decided to - sweetly - remove those persons to another areas. Downtown started to look more like a big downtown.

saintmariedelameroct221.jpg

To improve the city looking, new neighborhoods were built and sold at the city hills. That was an interesting thing - specially for tourists that may be delighted with great sea views. saintmariedelamersep815.jpg

A really St. Marie classic area, next to the Hospital, went through a reurbanization, to take it from the decadence it had passed after some years. Although, some buildings are still dilapidated. saintmariedelamermar515.jpg

Entire new areas were built at the top of St. Marie hill. Residential only, these areas are beautiful places to live. At the end of the streets, there is usually, in sunny days, a great horizon view. saintmariedelameraug211.jpg

Finally, a urban limit was fixated, separating preserved areas from urban areas. saintmariedelameraug241.jpg

Next update : Industrial & Transports Renewal

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

3 Comments

I would use some "greener" walls on the 2nd picture but that's the only thing that disturbes me. Everything elles is just great work

Share this comment