Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Recreating Lower Manhattan Financial Dist Pt. 3

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheOlympics

So I am in on the South Street Seaport eventually I may go back and re-do what I have because im not satisfied with the sea walls....

LowerManhattanFinancialDistr-Apr230.jpg

LowerManhattanFinancialDistr-Apr-5.jpg

LowerManhattanFinancialDistr-Apr-6.jpg

LowerManhattanFinancialDistr-Apr-8.jpg

LowerManhattanFinancialDistr-Apr-7.jpg

Looking South along the South Street Highway......

LowerManhattanFinancialDistr-Apr240.jpg

LowerManhattanFinancialDistr-Apr-4.jpg

LowerManhattanFinancialDistr-Apr-3.jpg

LowerManhattanFinancialDistr-Apr-2.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

13 Comments

This is really nice But i just have to ask out of curiousity " What is with that avenue in the last picture " ?

Share this comment

Thanx for the comments @ ?Maître? that avenue is the Westside Highway that runs along the western coast of Manhattan. It passes under a tunnel just before Battery Park and re-elevates on the otherside of the island into the Franklin D. Roosevelt Drive heading back north along the eastern coast of the island. Now the other tunnel over by 130 Liberty Street is the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel...

Share this comment

How did you get that coastline effect? Is it a mod? :D can you send the link? Really awesome! I thought my manhattan was good, but I feel insecure now XD

Share this comment

* and that One New York plaza looks really good :O Is it on the stex? :p Sorryy, this is just awesome.

Share this comment

Wonderful work!

I love it! Keep up the good work!

In the seventh picture, where did you get the dark blue building and the light glass turquoise building next to it?
I like this a lot. Are these all on the Stex? I'd love a link to them.

Share this comment

Yes most of the buildings featured in my CJ can either be found on STEX or LEX however I am sorry I can't pin point exactly where all of these buildings are you'll have to look for them but they are there

Share this comment

Hey I liked what you did so far... but there are a couple details I wanna point out.

1) I can see that you are not following manhattan's greed.. I mean you are... but you are out of proportions... vesey st runs north of the WTC... and St. pauls chapel is right on that street... and between vesey and barclay is where the transportation building is... and on the next block is the woolworth.

2) I know its hard to do nyc downtown's since simcity 4 is locked with the grid pattern... BUT, and its important to point this out.. there's still a way to do it not 100 accurate... but 80% of it. You see, the city hall starts on vesey and goes all the way to brooklyn bridge... the other lane joins broadway on barclay... so check that up...

3) Make sure you give streets a little bit of inclination... like lucky7 does... or else you will end up going crazy about streets and avenues not connecting at the right points.

4) Finally, try to find a way to add sea walls that fit the "color" of the city... I would recommend using JS seawalls v2... try to find a way to make it follow the "line" of the island... other than that... it's good!!

I dont intend to make this comment a bad thing... those are just things I saw... and I assume you want to know since you are looking for as much accuracy as possible... I DO LIKE THE TUNNELS ENTRANCES... I know they are the ndex tunnels... but I saw one curved... is that real?? or is it photoshop??? where can I find it if its real???

Share this comment