• Comments
  • Views

Nights in La Brea

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
k50

1f06cc7d.png

84cf0a19.png

Simsamerica: Thanks for the comment. I replied to you in advance...

Wacky32: Thanks for the comment.

da1f89ab.png

No comments. Really guys?

36fca89c.png

DCMetro34: Thanks for the comment, I am glad you liked it!

sepen20: Thanks for the comment. My computer is really bad (but I am getting a new one soon! Yahoo!) so unfortunatley I can not turn up my graphics anymore than I have. The overlay textures are a different problem I think though, but I can't confirm that (see in CSGforums, CoastRunner's reply, that might answer your question).

Mithrik: Thanks for the comment; I am a little confused though, what do you mean by "the hills need to be touched up?" because it sounds a little vague to me. Sorry to hassle you around! Razz

6052b35f.png

wwetom1: Thanks for the comment, I am glad you liked it!

02c721a1.png

ComputerGuy: Thanks for the comment. I did not put the ugly tram in, I use the people's tax money wisely Razz 

CanyonJumper: Thanks for the comment. Remember my name next time (everybody is messing that up...!)

CoastRunner: Thanks for the comment, I am glad you liked the transfer station. Long story: I installed a car lot mod/dependency, and then all of my props and overlay textures dissapeared! Then I uninstalled it (I think) and they are still not there. So yes, they are ugly because they are missing. I am working on fixing that though because it bugs me senseless as well. I can't confirm that's the problem but I am working on it! Smile

2246bcd2.png

Heading East a little bit to the other side of town. The other side of town is much newer and much different. All of the homes are built of stucco here:

e17324fa.png

The nightlife here is popular. Shops remain open a bit later here compared to other places in the world.

a6d8b27a.png

The lights from one of La Brea's new contemporary churches brighten the spirits of the world (literately and figuratively!)

248b24b0.png

Here is La Brea Avenue and Saturday Avenue (Saturday Avenue was at one point the RHW from the last entry). There is a big transit center here for the New Chandler Metro.

fdf5f66b.png

The Miracle Mile is a road lined with beautiful new skyscraper apartments and shops, a nice contrast to the rest of this area of town.

42b45c88.png

b350bc07.png

a6d8b27a.png

A picture of the out-of-place Dubai Towers (these were not plopped!)

aa07be71.png

Although it may look like a nice summer night in La Brea, the rain is just coming down.

446d9fa4.png

baab3d74.png

(I am still working on those rain affects to make it to my liking)

Next entry. A very belated region map of New Chandler Smile

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

5 Comments

Very, very impressive! I would have complained about those misplaced Dubai towers, but in this case, I think they fit in nicely... It's cool sometimes seeing this kind of neighbourhoods! And about the effects, I think that lowering a little bit the colour saturation will do the final trick.

Share this comment

^^ Beat me to it, but something TenkindusT didn't add: www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/index.cfm Its a tutorial by likehotdogsalot. It helps you make better rain pictures, although yours already looks pretty good. Just don't go overboard with it (like many others, they make several entire updateswith just rain pics once they learn how  )

Share this comment

Hey there is a Kohl's in there!

Really impressive part of the city, looks like it is the richest part of the La Brea.

Keep it up.

Share this comment