New York City

Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Re-Creating Lower Manhattan and Financial District

Sign in to follow this  
TheOlympics

I always like to start with New Yorks Center of government and economics, classic home of the WTC and future home of the Freedom Tower better known as the Lower Manhattan Financial District.

LowerManhattanFinancialDistr-Oct170.jpg

Looking south on Church Street to the left side of the street opposite the World Trade Centers we see 22 Cortlandt Street right above that there is the One Liberty Exchange Plaza and behind it we see the HSBC Bank Tower at 140 Broadway.

LowerManhattanFinancialDistr-Dec-4.jpg

Overlooking Broadway and City Hall Park we have the Woolworth and Transportation Buildings.

LowerManhattanFinancialDistr-Dec-5.jpg

New York's Classical City Hall sits at the north end of City Hall Park hmm I wonder if the Mayor is in.

LowerManhattanFinancialDistr-Dec-3.jpg

LowerManhattanFinancialDistr-Dec-2.jpg

At the intersection of Broadway, Vesey St., and Park Row we can see the south tip of City Hall Park's triangular shape in the upper right hand corner St. Paul's Chapel...

LowerManhattanFinancialDistr-Dec200.jpg

At Broadway and Barclay we can see the edge of the Cemetery that extends from St. Paul's Chapel across the street the Transportation Building...

LowerManhattanFinancialDistr-Dec-1.jpg

and that concludes this brief update.........got more work to do

Sign in to follow this  

8 Comments

Recommended Comments

I couldn't agree with you more posh, because its against the technical rules of the game we can't drag diagonal bridges which in some cases have a major effect on the scale of the city, in CXL it would be easier for recreating NYC because you can make Diagonal Bridges let alone buildings grow along diagonal roads without leaving those grass spaces. Also it would be cool if there was a way to drag the elevated rail system with a bridge going over the water like how the subway goes over the Manhattan Bridge and Williamsburg Bridge in NYC...

Share this comment

I love it so far, but i recommend not having the World Trade Center in there if you're planning on having recently built buildings in your city. Think of it this way, world trade center didnt exist anymore after 9 / 11 / 2001, would it make sense if a building built in new york city in 2008 was in the same city. Not really. But it's excellent what im seeing so far. :D !!

Share this comment

True Guerrila but personally I think the NYC skyline is just not the same without the WTC and I would rather not leave a gaping hole there in its position and I also favor it over the Freedom Tower. Think of Chicago having a hole where the Willis Tower stands it wouldn't look right. What I could do is base the CJ's time frame off the 90's only problem with that is that alot of the automata is based of modern times. In the 90's Chevrolet  Caprices where used as taxis  nowadays they are either Grand Marquises, Crown Victoras, or 2004 Impalas and i'm guessing eventually Dodge Chargers. 

Share this comment