• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Chora Train Shots

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoshuaGellock

Chora Train Shots

Thanks for stopping by. As a child I enjoyed watching my grandfather's O-scale model trains and even listening with him to old records of work on the railroad and train sounds--its something that has stayed with me through the years, even now after growing up. So much so, some times I stay awake to hear the freight engines pass through the city. When I decided to make Chora, it was natural that I leverage rail as part of the story. Today's update is to show some rail pictures that have taken from around the region. I hope you enjoy.

All pictures can be viewed in full resolution by simply opening the picture's address in a new browser window. 

To start things off, I've put together a train collage:

compilation.png

Feel free to take some guesses as to where you think the train pictures are from. If you have been following this journal, you might know some of the cities. :)

On to some other pictures...

Here is Keilah's Central GRS station (with Rapid Transit transfer). The central station serves as a center city hub for both the GRS, Rapid Transit, and bus service (note the elevated bus station). Thousands of people pass through this area of the city each day. 

keilahcentralstation.png

keilahcentralstation4.png

K&NK GRS (Ground Rail System) loop with North Keilah's elevated rail system over top (NK Transit). And don't worry, that car accident by the bus station isn't as bad as it looks. All the more reason to take the train. 

lowerright.png

Dubbed the "A-Train", Antioch's ground rail system is the largest out of all of South Chora's cities. Rail services come down from North Chora, Iconium, and even Shiloh. The system helps citizens get around Chora, but also provides many jobs for the people. Here is a shot of the east side of the city along Elijah's River:

rightmiddle.png

As always, your feedback and comments are welcomed and appreciated. Votes are helpful too!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

5 Comments

Oh my gosh, the rail is beautiful! I love it! Also, thanks for the links a couple updates back, rail is my passion, too. And, I have found so many rail stations on the STEX that are fantastic! I am going to have lots of rail in my next update.  

-DC 

Share this comment

The monotony of the housesalong with the several rail systems and the diagonals really works in the last picture!

Share this comment

Great work! The only further comment I have is maybe the large stops are a tad close together in that last pick? Just a thought!

Share this comment

I know this entry was from a while ago, but I'm wondering where you got that elevated bus stop? It looks really good :D

Share this comment