Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Bad Day

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AND93

Sorry I've been so much time without doing any updates but I've been really occupied...

Today, my boss called me at 6 am to warn me my first career would start in 30 minutes. It starts at the Cinzas Ferry Port, located at Vila do Porto (Portville), Cinzas. Good thing I live at 20 minutes from the place, but my boss is really demanding and has no respect for the employees. Anyway my carreer for today is 77 (Cinzas Ferry Port - Gironda (São Lazaro Main Station) ) and I'll drive by the "Eastern Suburbs" as they're know in Gironda. The Eastern Suburbs are composed by the agricultural towns in the councils of Jordeira and Cinzas, the luxury town of Vila das Marés (aka Port Cymru, due to the large number of Welsh rich commuters to Gironda that use specially the ferry to reach they're destiny) and the Brenhas do Cardo Industrial and cheap Residential council. And so I leave from the Cinzas Ferry Port at 6:32, just two minutes late. Notice the traffic in the Gironda-directioned terminal due to the large amount of commuters that prefer to use the Ferry to catch the Highway in the morning.

viladoportoporto.png

After some stops at the Vila do Porto neighborhood, I catch the Highway named "Nó Rodoviário da Jordeira" (which means Jordeira Road Junction, as it is used to connect the southern and the eastern Highways) in direction to the Eastern Highway.

viladoportoautoestrada.png

After a few traffic in the highway entrances, I finally leave the council in direction to Jordeira (skipping the usual bus stops at Vila das Marés, as this is a long-distance bus who is driven mostly on highway). You can notice a few traffic.

nrj.png

As I enter in Jordeira , I leave the highway for national road 95, in which I will stop a few times, in places like the Jordeira Downtown, before reaching the Brenhas do Cardo council. Here a picture of the bus leaving the Highway

nrjjordeira.png

I keep driving by the National Road 95 and stop a few times at the Jordeira downtown. This downtown is pretty old, and even though it is clearly experiencing a complete renewal, it has a lot of history. For example, this was the first Catalonian settlement after the country's foundation, and more recently, as catalonians leave the zone for more central, or just more calm areas in the Gironda Metropolitan Area, Jordeira's Downtown became known as Little Lomé, as 75% of the current inhabitants of the zone are Togolese.

jordeiraen.png

After a few stops, I reach the rural area and cross the border to Brenhas do Cardo. I make a few stops in the Hope neighborhood, before entering in the Highway. I must tell you, in just 8 minutes in that neighborhood, I saw 5 robberies and there have been about 10 attempts of busjacking against me... Anyway, here is the picture of my bus accessing the Highway (Nó Rodoviiário da Jordeira) again in direction to the eastern Highway.

en95nrj.png

Now the bus will only stop again at the São Lazaro Station, skipping all the stops at the Cardo Island. Still there is one more sight worth to watch in Brenhas: The Mercadores Island Bridge

pontemercadorescardo.png

After a few miles, I reach the Gironda Council, in the zone of Vila da União (Unionville) which is actually an industrial park. Even though the bus doesn't stop in here, the pollution in the zone is worth a picture. (even though clearly not at it's daily height)

vilauniao.png

Finally, the Highway merges with the Arnadeiro Highway, in direction to Gironda, and I catch the "July 18th Bridge" (named after the revolution day, in which the oppressive leader that took the power by force in 1979, was thrown out of the government by a revolution conducted by industrial workers in 1985, right on this island, since then, we have been living in pure democracy). You can notice the pollution in the water beneath the bridge.

ponte18julho.png

After just a few yards, I leave the East-West Highway in the second exit, catching the São Lazaro Road. And finally I stop at the São Lazaro Main Station, which is actually a great transit hub, and where about 65 bus careers make it's final stop.

saolazaro.png

And so I leave you again but just for a few days. I hope you enjoy the post!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

2 Comments