Tarkusian Cities

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

A New Airport?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tarkus

Well, I hinted that there may be an Airport involved in this update. And indeed there is. I've actually made my first real serious attempt at building a custom modular airport. I may be a bit of a roadgeek, but my knowledge of airports is very limited, so I'm sure I probably have some things to improve here.

Thus, without further adieu, I'd like to introduce the soon-to-be-opened Argentum International Airport (Airport Code ARX), which is located at the Kirkton, along Angstrom Lake, and about 7 miles southeast of downtown Argentum. While it is an international airport (KLM serves ARX), it is a rather small and specialized one.

Here's an overview shot (looking north)

u311ms8.jpg

And a closeup of Concourse C (also looking north)

u312sh6.jpg

As you can probably notice, the roads are a bit . . . underbuilt around the airport right now. That's because it was built in a relatively rural/remote/undeveloped area. Fortunately, both the main roads through there (Highway 68 and Highway 342, which you'll see on an upcoming map) will be getting significant upgrades thanks to TDOT.

Highway 61 is also still under construction, and a temporary, 4-lane alignment is open, allowing motorists to travel through Angstrom and Argentum uninterrupted. We'll be looking more at that project.

Here's 61 just south of Redwood Way (looking north). A temporary 50mph speed limit has been posted in the work zone.

u314mi2.jpg

And remember the old Caldera Lane project? Well, here's what the Caldera Lane/Slark Way intersection that was built during that project looks like today.

u313ut9.jpg

There will be much more here soon. There will definitely be some mappage. smiley.gif

Hope you enjoyed the latest installment . . .

-Alex

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

0 Comments

There are no comments to display.