• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Region GRUNEN

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
n_wilson

*** placeholder ***

This is the place where I will be publishing regular updates of the regions development.

1850 - 1900 GY

This is the region GRUNEN as of second half of the nineteenth century. You can spot nothing but the village of GRUNEN. As you can read in the legendary history of GRUNEN the village was donated to the people living on the southern shore of the Sukower Noor by the Duke of Sigel. The region of GRUNEN is located on the eastern shores of the SimNation.

The map consists of 132 big city tiles (12 x 11).

Region GRUNEN as of 1850 - 1899

(file size: 2 MB)

1900 - 1920 GY

Much has happened in the last 25 years. Look at the map of the region of GRUNEN dated game year 1920. You can spot GRUNEN and a lot of surrounding small villages. A long and winding road leads to the eastern shore. This road is called “Old Salt Road”. As GRUNEN has no natural deposit of salt it has to be imported. This is done via a small pontoon harbour on the eastern shore called Eden. The salt is then transported along the long road to the city of GRUNEN, hence it’s name.

Region GRUNEN as of 1920(file size: 2 MB)

1920 - 1925 GY

GRUNEN sees much growth and sprawl. You can clearly notice that people tend to buy property at the water or cluttered where other people live. Even more noticeable is the rapid growth of the agricultural sector. All the people that immigrated to the region of GRUNEN need to be fed. So agriculture is at the moment the fastest growing industrial sector. And if you look carefully enough you will notice GRUNEN’s first rail track. A fine single track rail (mod) for industrial purposes featured in this journal entry.

GRUNEN as of 1925(file size: 2 MB)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

6 Comments

Yes, 132 tiles. It was a lot of work to plant all the trees! You can read about it in the next entry. I will be summerizing the making of the map and list the custom content I use.

Share this comment

Thats a nice looking region, i think you could make a nice natural growth city on that, i have a feeling that this won't be one of those cj that claim to be natural growth, but one that might be as good as CGS's

Share this comment

Thank you for that early round of applause!

I'll do my best. I have six entries ready to go. I hope you will like it.

Share this comment