Tarkusian Cities

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

1St Anniversary

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tarkus

Well, this 1st Anniversary Update is going to be a bit brief . . . but I hope you enjoy it. I figured I'd show before and after photos of Argentum and Wakeman, from when I started showing them in this MD (and its predecessor), compared to how they look now.

Here's what Wakeman looked like back in Update 1, on July 1st, 2007. (both pics looking east)

u11wakemanoverviewmh3.jpg

And here it is now. The subdivision I showed last time is more or less in place now (though it will get expanded further), as well as a couple of other things . . . the infamous "mystery highway" project is up in the upper left corner. According to TDOT officials, it's been "delayed (apparently, they need to get a bit more funding before they go through with it.) wink.gif

u294ha9.jpg

And side-by-side map comparison:

June 17, 2007

agmap34wakemantn8.th.png

June 17, 2008

agmap34wakeman05012008uj7.th.png

(as you can see, I finally figured out how to show Railroads better.)

And now for Argentum. I'm actually going to show a few pics from Argentum from before I ever really showed it publicly--back when I barely had any custom content--just a few SG, kevdan and Bobbo BATs. These are like really embarassing baby photos, so you may want to avert your eyes, unless you're morbidly curious . . . these pics date all the way back to February 2006. I had just discovered the NAM and didn't even know what a RUL file was.

This is looking east. I had actually made this pic for reference purposes for making highway signs--anyone remember Arthur (artforce1) and his old GHSDP (Generic Highway Sign Development Project)? That was new stuff back then. It was one of the things that drew me into the SC4 community some 2 1/2 years ago. All the signs I made got quickly outdated, though, as I was constantly ripping everything up.

u292nc4.jpg

This was the old Airport interchange with old Highway 204 (which no longer exists) running underneath it. I actually showed this pic in the old "Show Us Your Most Creative Transportation Network" thread over at ST back then. Creative, certainly. But in the same way the old Caldera Lane/Barnaby Drive interchange was "creative". Talk about drunken engineers . . . yikes!

u293mi6.jpg

Here's what it looked like during my old Argentum MD, a little over a year ago (May 1, 2007, to be precise), looking west. I was still using (*gasp*) Maxis Highways (but in the process of tearing them out), and no Slope Mod. The old Caldera Lane bridge had been torn out, as seen in the upper left corner.

argentumoverviewyu9.jpg

And here it is now, also looking west. There are some things which will appear somewhat familiar, but quite a lot has changed. And quite a lot is under construction. You'll probably notice that sunken highway area has widened quite a bit, too. wink.gif

u291ju2.jpg

So that does it for this little trip down Memory Lane . . . which is still under construction. cheesy.gif (I realize that was just an awful joke, but I couldn't resist.) Hope you enjoyed it.

And most of all, thank you for all of your support and comments over this past year. I really, really appreciate that. And that's still an understatement. wink.gif

-Alex

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

3 Comments

As usuall, good going!

Regards-
                                                  Simguy

Share this comment