• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

1921's Glories

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sepen77

Comments:

@DC and Bajones: You were the only two whom voted other than my friend, who also chose industry. So here comes the smoke stacks!

4703768653_92a953dd70_b.jpg

This was the year of many changes to the town, both good and bad. During late Spring, construction of the newly planned Industrial Sector named "Bomb" was completed. Though some didn't want the aweful pollution that it would bring, they were surprised that it wasn't as bad is it sounded. The air they breathed still seamed like normal air.

The new Industrial sector east of Batlen:

4756163884_7d61852862_b.jpg

CloseUp on Bomb:

4756166496_d329587efb_b.jpg

The industrial sector did call in a few more citizens as Bajones, a farmer in Batlen, had stated. But not too many came, "We prefer driving 30 kilometres to work than live in the rusty old town of yours!" a worker declared to Mr. Batlen. This made Mr. Batlen angrier than a big fat duck (yes, big fat ducks are mad). He soon found out that a City Critic (I don't know if there is such thing) wrote in the newspapers about how run-down Batlen was and how "...when you turn on the lights in a house closer to the power generater, the next house will go blank..." This was not at all the truth, so Mayor Batlen called the Critic and threatened him: "...then, I will kill you with my own munitions! This city is alot better..."

Mayor Batlen decided the only way to get his city higher on the list was to renovate it step by step. One of the first things Doug Batlen did was add sidewalks to all the streets in the town centre (near Route 37/Finn St/Goater St). This was a big project but took only a few weeks to complete.

The new sidewalks at the Main intersection:

4756232102_f26a8ddf5c_b.jpg

The side walks encouraged more people to walk or bike to work. This lowered the amount of gasoline imported into the gas station in Batlen and made people happy, especially parents who wanted a safe clean place for their kids to draw chalk on.

Remember Kurt? Well he's having a nice time too. He built a new barn and 2 new cottages with the help of the 5 men who live with him. Kurt renamed his settlement to Spets-Halvon or Tip of Peninsula in Swedish (yes, he's Swedish) because of the place his house is located (don't worry, I'll get a region picture soon).

Spets-Halvon:

4756134388_7452f06b13_b.jpg

Everyone is having a good time in the 1921. But something might happen next update.

Overview of Batlen 1921:

4755611549_7319412327_b.jpg

See ya' later folks!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

1 Comment

Very good, I can't wait to see what is next. I would like to see some more voting. I think it makes it more interesting for the audience to have a say in it.

Share this comment