• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Milpont/Gaffner Corridor, Part 1

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tarkus

Hi everyone-

Back with a little update here. Yet another realignment project needed to allow the new Bob Dylan Freeway alignment through. grin.gif

The last update saw Caldera Lane getting a new overpass, and a temporary alignment of Highway 61 being built, to connect the new segment with a part of the old one which will eventually be removed.

The last section that needs to be completed as part of realignment Phase I in Angstrom involves the area around Milpont and Gaffner Roads. Both are important arterials in the South Argentum/Angstrom area, providing connections between the two cities and the surrounding agricultural land.

Here is the old alignment and the old Angstrom interchange which connected Highway 61 up to Gaffner Road, Milpont Road and Cubit Lane, which was built well before I had even conceived of the MIS (aside from the Avenue/RHW overpass, this interchange was more or less untouched for almost two years). Just about every road in this picture is going to be shifted every which way several times over the course of future updates. Cubit Lane will even be partially reconstructed as a freeway (tentatively proposed to be Highway 220).

u251mb3.jpg

This is Milpont Road a little bit north of the old interchange, with the new freeway alignment marked.

u252fz3.jpg

Here's an up close pic on what we'll be looking at this update--building a new overpass for Milpont Road the new freeway alignment.

u253ou2.jpg

u254bj7.jpg

The overpass seemingly complete . . .

u255wj3.jpg

Blasting begins just to the west of the new Milpont overpass, to make way for the new freeway.

u256jp2.jpg

u258jn2.jpg

And then something completely different . . . a new region that I hope to incorporate in here. wink.gif

greeneryep7.jpg

-Alex (Tarkus)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

0 Comments

There are no comments to display.