Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Some Help From the Sun

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TigerXtrm

Jordan is getting close to the 90.000 inhabitants mark. Many companies and factories have settled in the immediate area. And with that a new problem arises. The city's total power consumption is starting to overtake the power plant's maximum output. Remember that Jordan only has one of the three power plants available for itself.

A new powerplant would have to be built to support the rapid development of Jordan. The city council of Jordan first proposed a cheap solution in the form of an oil plant. However, the Westwood council did not agree to this as they wanted to keep the region around the delta as clean as possible. No heavily poluting factories like an oil plant would be allowed anywhere in the area.

Westwood in turn proposed nuclear power, but Jordan did not agree to this. The costs of building and maintaining a nuclear power plant was far too great for a city the size of Jordan and thus not worth it yet.

Eventually a good solution was found in the form of a solar power plant. This plant was cheap to build, could instantly double the maximum power output and best of all, it could be built almost anywhere. Because of this, the hill in the center of Jordan was chosen as the ideal spot, as it already had power lines going up to it. Besides, there wasn't much interest in housing development up there anyway.

634485940.jpg

The large hill that Jordan wraps around.

634492539.jpg

Houses up here are pretty much abandonned.

634651426.jpg

The new solar plant is in operation, doubling the power capacity of the city.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

2 Comments

I wanted to see what year the city is in. Last time I saw it was 1907. So I jump to the last post. I didn't find the year though. But the city is good. I liked it.

Share this comment