• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Building Update: M

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shingure

Replies

Sky Guy - Thank you kindly and there is more on the way right now!

K50dude - Thanks, made the plazas myself in my Lot Editor and took a few months of trial and error. Thank goodness for NWM! 5.gif

Pipishere - Thanks Pip!

Tankmank - Thanks Josh!, Also I wasn't trying to go for the regal look, but I guess since it looks that good, I'll stick with it!

Kolnikov Inc - That's a first, never encountered a response like that before 6.gif

Warmessiah - Sure! I will be glad to help. The canals are from SC4Devotion and they are under the Urban Canal Set. I do believe they are by Jeronij, But I cannot entirely remember. Also the textures are from SC4Devotion as well. They are in a Texture pack I do believe.

Texan - I've inspired a user of elaborate medians! Yes! , And there is more coming right up!

Schulmanator - School is out , and now it's time to show the work ( makes me feel like I'm back in school again...showing the work... 14.gif ) I've been doing for the last few months!.

EL REINO NUEVO DEL SIERRASTARINTA | THE NEW KINGDOM OF SIERRASTARE | LA SIERRASTARINTA DEL ZONTA NEWE 

MÉFAIRE ( mae-fair)

Mfaire-Mar4601277578023.jpg

Méfaire is a industrial town located immediately to the east of Celestare. The town has been an industrial town since the 1920's since the first factories moved into the area. Since then the area has matured into a more sophisticated industrial zone with some of the tightest pollution controls in the nation.  As a result, Méfaire as alot of vegetation to mitigate the effects of any lingering noise and air pollution.

Mfaire-Mar22581277334596.jpg picture by RenikosEricos453

Since the 1980's the area has begun programs to eliminate the factories that were inefficient, unsafe, and produced the highest levels of airboure pollutants. Since then, there are very few emissions from these factories, however there are some that release their emissions into the air.Normally, in places like Méfaire, factories that have emissions over a certain level or consume electricity in excess have higher taxes than in areas where there are no emissions at all. Even though smokestacks still release pollutants, they are not toxic to the point where immediate danger is warranted.

The trees surrounding the industrial area also serves a second function. It serves as a arboretum displaying trees that are found in many parts of Sierrastare as well as those that are non-native. Checks are done yearly to make sure that invasive species do not destroy the biodiversity of the plants and trees in the area.

The residential areas in Méfaire are also a sight having the highest number of trees per capita in the entire nation for any town with over 2000 residents. This gives Méfaire the fame of being called " The Arbor Capital of Sierrastare " for the 20th year running.

-------------------------------------------------------

EMH

2010© 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

8 Comments

That's a lot of trees! It's basically hiding a neighborhood inside a forest. Wonder how many woodland creatures come scavenging for food.

Great development! This is a nice change from the big cities.

Share this comment

NIce work!

In the first picture, where did you get the barn looking sheds? Those would look great in my cities!
In the last photo, I recognize Mattb325's work. I have to download those soon. If there were any more houses that weren't created by him, could you tell me?

Great work. You've inspired me to work on my CJ's, too!

Hope to see more!

Share this comment

By the way, in the last photo again, how did you the trees all crowded around the houses? I could use that too!

sorry to comment again. Excellent job! Just excellent.

Share this comment

Lots of trees, Ervin. However it really gives the town a nice feel. Glad to see you back.

Ethan

Share this comment

It's great to see some industry and i love the woodlands that surround the factories and houses.

Share this comment