• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Welcome to Copley!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
deathtopumpkins

The first official update is here!

Welcome to the municipality of Copley, located south of Ghent and west of South Valley along Highway 41, population 11,849. Copley consists of the individual towns of Copley (Minicipal Center), located north of the valley, and South Copley, located 3 miles south of Copley. Copley itself has become a small urban center, as its area is limited by terrain, while South Copley consists of more sprawling, suburban development. Now on to the pictures.

1.1 Downtown Copley

4cdec2101277646113.png

1.2 Copley Municipal Center

56111124.png

KEY:

1 - Copley Farmers' Market

2 - Copley Town Hall

3 - Copley Health Services

4 - Copley Bureau of Farm Management

5 - Copley School

6 - Copley Farm Supply

7 - Copley Biotechnology Park

1.3 Copley Overview

4cdec11101277646238.png

1.4 South Copley Overview

4cdec11101277646434.png

1.5 South Copley Neighborhood

4cdec11101277646308.png

1.6 Copley Industrial Center

4cdec11101277646517.png

The Copley Industrial Center is home to Hardun Electric's South Copley Generating Station, as well as several large mills and the region's Plasma Gasification Plant, which disposes of waste. However, these large industries employ quite a few people from South Copley, and Highway 41 between the town and the industrial center has grown quite congested, much to the dismay of local farmers. Thus in early 2010 the highway was designated the South Copley Transportation Improvement Corridor, and on June 27, 2010, VSDoT-H unveiled a proposal to build an expressway-grade bypass of South Copley, on right-of-way that an old municipal ordinance set aside.

1.7 South Copley Bypass Proposal

sctic.png

The decision on whether to build will be left to the general public by poll. Please comment with your input, either

Option 1: Build Original Proposal

Option 2: No-Build

Option 3: Explore More Options

Option 4: Build Archean's Proposal

Thanks, and after I've gotten significant feedback another update will follow and construction will begin.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

24 Comments

Alternative 3, since I don't want to stop progress, but building that would tear up the pretty farms! D:

I'd suggest laying down some heavy work into the hill sides. :D "The Big V.S. Dig" And the town pics, GREAT! I want to go walk main street and go shopping! :D

Share this comment

Option 3.

Glad to see you are back! :). I've missed following VS. I also just got back into SC recently, working on hopefully getting something whipped up today to maybe announce as a CJ here and on AFDES. 

Jake

Share this comment

YAY interactivity!!

I like the small town which bears a very familiar name to me and looks like a pretty nice place to be.

Option 1 methinks.

Share this comment

Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone! :)

So far it's 6 to 1 for option 3, so it looks like I'll be drawing up some more proposals, unless any of you want to submit any? HERE is the raw image I based my proposal on.

Oh and Jake, nice to see you. I hope you do get a CJ up!

Share this comment

You know I don't come over here very often but with updates like that, I'll definitely be checking here more!
It's your birthday? Well, a happy birthday to you!
As for the proposal, I'm all for building roads. Go for it!

Share this comment

I've drawn up a proposal for you. Here.

And i had no idea it was your birthday until everyone screamed it and you just confirmed it. Happeh Birthdeh CONNORSKY!

Share this comment

Thanks guys!

Ooh, I really like that plan, Mikey. Poll updated:

Option 1: Build Original Proposal
Option 2: No-Build
Option 3: Explore More Options
Option 4: Build Archean's Proposal

Share this comment

Interestingly enough, I thought along the same lines when I first saw your proposal, except without the exit.

Share this comment

Option 4 for me. And I like that you've finally "officially" launched Virgin Shores again. It still has that same characteristic VS charm. I'll be around in the future to monitor any new developments.

Share this comment

I would choose option 4. And I had totally missed that you DTP was back, much log onto Simtropolis much more often. Have been very little in the last months.

Glad that you and Virgin Shores are back I'm still remembering when we started up VS 1.0 many months ago it was really an interesting CJ :)

Share this comment