Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Special Day

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AND93

Today I have 2 careers to operate. First I'll do the short-distance 55 (Monte São Gilberto Train Station - Gironda International Airport), and then the long-distance 707 (Gironda International Airport - Cadencia, via Gironda Towers). This happens because I asked to do these careers so I do not have to drive my own car to the Cadenca neighborhood where my little brother is getting married today in 1:30h at the Cadenca Church.

And so at 10:30 am I leave from the train station in direction to the Main Avenue

estaodomonte.png

After a couple of stops I reach the avenue that has just a few stops, but enough to get the bus filled up (and I remember this is a low/medium density zone)

avenidadomonte.png

Finally I catch the José Régio Road that conducts me to the bad high-density neighborhood of Oliva Brava. As I arrive there, I hide everything valuable in my tuxedo... Notice the big large buildings and the bad quality of the architecture

olivabravab.png

After driving all this neighborhood I catch the Airport Regional Road which is usually a traffic nightmare due to it's old and antiquated infrastructure but at this time of the day it is kinda empty... and when I say this, I mean really empty

ersg.png

After crossing the line I drive for a while in the heart of Povoa de São Gilberto stopping in my old high school... I don't know why but I really like this area.

coraodapovoab.png

And finally I complete the career 55 arriving at the Gironda International Airport at 11:00 am (right on time). This is a huge transit hub because of the metro and the parking lot and I am expecting a full bus as I leave with all the seats taken (below a picture of the G.I.A. Transit Hub)

aerometro.png

After stopping again a couple of times in Downtown Povoa, I envy the metro driver in front of me for how fast he reaches his destiny, and finally I catch the São Gilberto Freeway (In the picture Downtown Povoa and the beautiful green metro train typical from Gironda... and Paris, but mostly, Gironda)

coraao2.png

Finally, after watching the council in which I spent my teen years, I leave for Gironda, crossing the border in the São Gilberto Freeway just with a bit of traffic. 

vrsgr.png

After crossing the border I stop one time in the VRSG (São Gilberto Freeway) Transit Hub and after that, I make all the way by Highway until the Gironda Towers, the next place where I will stop (In the pictures, VRSG Transit Hub and Gironda City Center Highway Cloverleaf, where I change from North to West)

vrne.png

trevogironda.png

Finally we reach the Gironda towers at 11:25 am. This is the place where most people enter and leave. It is in here where most of the Gironda Metropolitan Area inhabitants work, as it is close both to the old avenues, and the modern highways. The traffic is intense there but this picture is only on Calçada da Lagoa which is at this time a traffic paradise in the area (and at rush time, a nightmare for Vinhas and Lagoa Region commuters). As you can see in this zone the buildings are really tall and very dense.

torresg.png

After crossing the council border, I enter in Vinhas to stop at the Valdemagos Metro Station. This is the most used metro station, even more used than the transition station of Calçada da Lagoa, with about 15000 commuters a day. Still it has the problem that no other station in all the metropolitan service has so much pickpocketing as Valdemagos, but I guess it is only natural that it happens in a station like this. And now the bus is filled up again as I leave the station

valdemagos.png

And so, after this stop I drive north to catch the CREG (Gironda City Outer Highway) and cross the border to Saleiros, where the bus will stop two times at the neighborhood of Cadenca.

creg2.png

Finally, after a brief stop in a small street of Cadenca, I reach the last stop of the career, and lie down to relax as I leave duty in the station of Cadenca (a colleague of mine will do the opposite direction, replacing me).

cadenca.png

Now, it is time to party in this special day, my own family is about to arrive and I am really happy for my brother. Talk to you later!

(BTW, I changed bus models at least twice and I only noticed it now :S... anyway I apologize and I expect you like the update)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

6 Comments

Love the rail going through the city. I'm friends with GLR too. LoL. Where did you get that station in the 6th pic down? Can you please provide a link?  Thanks!

Share this comment

I won't do an update for today, and I'm sorry but portugal just lost 1-0 to spain in the FIFA World Cup with shameful behavior and I'm pretty pissed off right now... xD

Share this comment