Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Downtown Redevelopment Phase I

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
retrojohn132

As I said earlier, Downtown Coolsville has been losing importance in the city due to new districts popping up. This area also is a pedsestrian nightmare as traffic is high during the rush hours. Well the Coolsville City Council voted unanimously to close the northbound lanes of Main Street from city hall to the CTimes Building. The closed area would be turned into pedestrian plazas with food and live music. This effort is Phase I of a redevelopment to the Downtown area.

This is looking southward at Downtown before the first phase of redevelopment.

4744037362_d0afbd3f0c_b.jpg

This is Downtown after phase I of redevelopment.

4744037686_f4e0f5e1a3_b.jpg

Currently a poll asking citizens about the plazas show that 89% of the population favor the plazas over the old street configuration. The other eleven percent claim this is an effort to turn Downtown into a tourist destination and will hurt those that drive through this area. Due to the success many new pedestrian plazas have been built around the city. However none of the others required streets to be closed.

Convention District

4743399449_9e9a0c1461_b.jpg

European Village

4744037502_70d6104e47_b.jpg

bobolee likes this
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

4 Comments

Where did you get those plazas at? They would look awesome in my cities! Just like they do in yours! Great job so far!

Share this comment