• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Map Teaser

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tarkus

Hi everyone-

Back for a quickie teaser here. Well, our contest winners, Kevin (BigSlark) and Lollo are now on the map . . .

In the process of a couple of re-alignment projects that the City of Argentum undertook, two major arterials, Milpont Road and Redwood Way, became a bit disjointed, so in order to make things a bit more logical with the road names, the northern portion of Milpont Road (between Caldera Lane and Grevano Drive) will become Slark Way, while Redwood Way north of the Sebes Road intersection will become Lollo Boulevard.

argentummap01042008vv0.png

I've been making a number of other improvements and amendments to the regional transportation map, and I'll be able to show you the whole region's transit grid here soon. wink.gif

And for those of you who have asked--what ever happened to the infamous "Mystery Highway" in Wakeman? Well, as I mentioned a couple of updates ago, it ran into some difficulty--it seems they're having some difficulty getting enough funds (especially with Argentum's "earmarks"), and this map will give you a much better idea why (don't worry, the dark areas on the preview won't show up when you load the map up in full size):

mysteryhighwayalignmentzq8.th.png

As you can see, there's going to be several massive bridges (some of which are off the edge of the map to the east), one of which will need to be nearly 3 miles long. Predicted length of all the bridges combined would be around 5 miles. The state DOT is looking at some alternatives now in case the funding doesn't come through, including a southern route which requires only one more manageable bridge, and does not add much additional mileage to the overall freeway alignment. We'll see how it turns out soon. wink.gif

Back with a full update a little later.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

0 Comments

There are no comments to display.