Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Lucky Day

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AND93

Today is a lucky day for me. Not lucky like my birthday, but I got to do the career 241 (East Sun Island (Ilha do Sol) Ferry Station - Povoa dos Bravos Bus Station, via Castelos, Gironda City and Vinhas), and this career starts right across the street from my house...

And so I leave from the first stop at 11:30 am (this means the bus will be always full as some people enter at 12 pm in Gironda, and some leave their jobs for lunch at that same time). Here is a picture of the Left Bank of Sun City where the bus runs across the main avenue from the ferry station to the north border, passing by the Highway Intersection. (P.S. I live in one of the lousy low-budget buildings in front of the ferry station)

cidadedosol19ago0812776.png

Before I cross the council border I can't miss the fact that the bus is actually getting really full, all the seats are taken and some people are tight in the middle section.

After crossing the border to Castelos, I drive by the east of the Circular Avenue and I can tell you that, even with all the ghetto-like buildings crossed with low-budget houses (and sometimes good houses in a bad place...) the view of the lake from here is actually beautiful

Then I cross the border line in this avenue in direction to the Gironda Council. But for now, a view from the east Circular Avenue and the Lake

castelos25set0912776816.png

After crossing the city border I must notice that the bus is really filled up, like 300 people in a bus for 100, and I can tell you it looks like rush hour... Except for the fact, it isn't!

So now, after passing by the social action neighborhoods for the poor in the south of Gironda council, I enter in the highway, most specifically in the bridge that links Ilha do Sol (Sun Island) where I came from and Gironda Main Island. This bridge is called Marquês de Pombal Bridge and it is the worst nightmare for 300,000 "Sunny" commuters that cross it everyday.

gironda19jul76127768221.png

After running by some zones in development in Girondese downtown, I drive by the Gironda Towers and everytime I stop, in about 15 seconds the bus seems to get empty, and then filled up again. After this I drive to North to the Calçada da Lagoa (another nightmare, but this one to commuters from Vinhas and the Lagoa Region). In this image, you can see the Calçada, but it is mostly blocked by the towers...

gironda28jul76127768225.png

And so after crossing the border line to Vinhas, I continue going by the Calçada da Lagoa and I stop just a few times, with more attendance in the stations of Calçada da Lagoa and Valdemagos that have a metro interface. In the next two pictures the West Vinhas Neighborhood with the metro in avenue stations and the Arcada neighborhood with the borderline to Povoa dos Bravos.

vinhas16dez131277684383.pngvinhas20dez131277684399.png

Finally I arrive in the Povoa dos Bravos council, and just with few commuters I make the final stop at the Central Bus Station. This career was huge and so I'm actually relieved to stop... because in 15 minutes I'll do it all over again in the opposite direction! Well anyway, I leave you with the picture of Povoa dos Bravos C.B.S. and it's (still) undeveloped area

povoadosbravos31dez0112.png

See you soon!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

5 Comments

I think this is a great way to show off your cities. It's kinda been the CJ that I've been lookin' for. But the best part is, your cities arn't all gleaming glass towers with mansions everywhere. Nice job!

Share this comment

I like the way you decribe your cities, but one or two pictures where you can see the Bus in the traffic would be nice and fit in well.

Share this comment

there is traffic... I just have been taking the pictures from a big altitude...

Share this comment