• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Match Day

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AND93

rugrados3abr04127763978.png

This is the Rugrados Stadium, where the bus career 44 (Rugrados Stadium - Derrial Metro Station via Casca d'Ovo) begins. That is my job for today, and the first that you'll see.

Well today is not quite a regular day, the Gironda Football National League ends today and for the first time it'll have 3 teams in European competitions (1 the CL preliminatories and 2 in the EL preliminatories). Actually as only 5 of the 16 teams in the league are professional, this is a pretty easy job.

Back to what I was saying, today might be the best day ever for Futebol Clube Agricultores de Rugrados (Rugrados Farmers F.C.) as they never reached the european competitions. When the supporters leave the stadium, I'll know who got the third place...

And then they suddenly appear partying as they never did before. "The Western Team" had got the third place instead of Lagoa and Gironda. This is a happy day for me too, because I support São Gilberto F.C. and surely we were the champions much time before (and for the 2nd consecutive time) but our rivals, Gironda didn't enter the european competitions for the first time in 7 years.

So as the bus gets filled, I start enjoying the fans party and I leave the Stadium Road to catch the Highway.

autoestra.png

After crossing the council border, I catch the Regional Road where the bus stops a few times leaving at least a quarter of the commuters behind.

cascadovo25jun041277641.png

As I pass by the new neighborhoods I lock the windows. This is a dangerous place and a bad dormitory of Gironda City.

I catch the Calçada dos Parreiros, a large avenue that will conduct me to Derrial (it is the main avenue of the city and it the main acess to the daily commuters to Gironda, at least in Derrial)

cascadovo25jun041277641.png derrial15nov17127764146.png

After crossing the border line between the Casca d'Ovo and Derrial councils, I leave the Calçada dos Parreiros close to the Santo Emilio train station. This is the only stop before the last one and is the one where most people leave as it has the São Mateus (Rugrados) - São Gilberto do Mar (via Gironda) train stopping there.

derrial15nov17127764170.png

Finally the last stop where the happy supporters leave, the Derrial Metro station, and so I leave you and the commuters with the image of the last station of bus career 44.

derrial15nov17127764172.png

Talk to you soon!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

3 Comments