• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Argentum Revisited-Part 3

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tarkus

Hi again everyone-

I'm making two updates in two days, which is unheard of for me usually. I think you may enjoy this one. As we left off with the last update, I showed the mess that Argentum's roads and highways were in, including the infamous Caldera Lane disaster. Well, I'm happy to report that progress has been going extremely well on Caldera Lane.

A few updates ago, the interchange with Barnaby Drive was demolished, and Skill Street was re-routed.

u120mapep9.jpg

u121ep7.jpg

(Image fixed, thanks Pat for catching it! smiley.gif)

Public Works decided to undertake an expensive option to actually fill in part of the Argentum Inlet, to allow for a more direct, land-based route for Caldera Lane.

u122ri2.jpg

Other roadways through the area are also going to be re-routed as part of the project, including Milpont Road. You can see the outline of the new Milpont alignment in this shot.

u124ed3.jpg

The overpass over Skill Street is being completed. The new section of Caldera Lane is designed to be of somewhat limited access, but not up to freeway standards, with a controlled interchange. The connection from Skill to the southbound lanes of Caldera has been completed here.

u125ej5.jpg

(The idea for this partially came from this interchange [link] in Beaverton, Oregon, which I'm quite familiar with.)

This is the new alignment to connect the new section to the existing section, approaching the existing Milpont Road and Airport Road intersections.

u126gp4.jpg

The Skill Street connection to the northbound lanes has been completed. The NB and SB connections intersect with Skill Street proper at a roundabout.

u127jp6.jpg

More work on the Milpont Road realignment and connecting it to the new Caldera Lane.

u128et1.jpg

u129cg9.jpg

The realignment of Milpont Road has allowed for the demolition of the old alignment, which eliminates the issue with the Airport and Milpont intersections being too close together.

u1210um5.jpg

Confusingly, now Milpont Road exists in two disconnected sections. Here's the other portion, connected to Airport Road.

u1211if0.jpg

Finally, a new, modern bridge is built beyond the Skill interchange, making Caldera Lane whole once again.

u1212qh3.jpg

Here's how the area looks now, after the project has been mostly finished. Landscaping is still planned.

u1213mapyg1.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

0 Comments

There are no comments to display.