Tarkusian Cities

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Gilmour Parkway Project, Phase 1

Sign in to follow this  
Tarkus

Hi everyone-

Finally back with an update. The first phase of the Gilmour Parkway project has more or less been completed, aside from a few aesthetic touches. This phase converted Gilmour Avenue from 2 travel lanes to a 4-lane divided route between South 22nd Avenue and the S-Curve, and extended the route to an intersection with Highway 24/Wakeman Boulevard.

Here's Gilmour Street on the S-Curve just past 18th Avenue, facing east:

u101ve4.jpg

The partial redesign of the S-Curve (2,3)

u102vm8.jpg

u103pl1.jpg

(The portion between the S-Curve and 11th Avenue will be redesigned as part of Phase 2)

This is Gilmour and 22nd before (yet again--I keep showing this intersection, and I can promise you, this isn't the last redesign wink.gif)

u104vl8.jpg

Here's after the portion up to 22nd has been widened, but before the extension was put through.

u105co1.jpg

The extension has been started. 23rd Avenue no longer connects to Gilmour, as Public Works thought it would have been too close to the major intersection with 22nd Avenue, which potentially would have caused congestion on the new route.

u106ct9.jpg

This is where the extension will meet up with Rabin Drive, which will now end at Gilmour Parkway instead of at Highway 24.

u107cb7.jpg

u108td4.jpg

u109to1.jpg

To save money on this phase, part of the old 2-lane Rabin Drive alignment has become part of the Gilmour Parkway route. Eventually, with the completion of Phase 3, the route will continue as a 4-lane road at the diagonal, and the proposed extension may reach Latimer Road.

u1010bd8.jpg

And another development you may find interesting. I've been assembling a new regional transportation map for all of Argentum (36 tiles total). It's still not done, but here's a sneak preview, zoomed way out. This is essentially highway, road, street, and rail line in the entire region. The full-sized one is a 12,000 pixel x 12,000 pixel vector drawing, which I'm still trying to figure out how to show on here. cheesy.gif That will more than likely involve breaking it down. wink.gif

u10argentummappreviewvs8.jpg

Hope you enjoyed this update!

Sign in to follow this  

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.