Tarkusian Cities

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Intro--City Of Wakeman

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tarkus

I'll begin here by showing the region of Cascadia Gorge and its main city, Wakeman.

Here's a region shot, taken back before the majority of the development had started. The map I'm using is the NHP Kinbasket Lake map, by beskhu3epnm and Heblem. I've "desertified" it (as I am prone to doing) with c.p.'s Grand Canyon terrain mod. My main inspiration for this region is again one in RL, the section of the Columbia River Gorge that forms the border between Oregon and Washington for some 150 miles, an area which I'm quite familiar with.

u11mi2.jpg

Here's a few pics from Wakeman, the largest city in the region at the moment. Population-wise at the moment, it's around 6,000, but growing quickly.

Downtown, facing east along South Market Street, near 9th and 10th Avenues. The architectural style in downtown Wakeman is a rather unusual mix, taking from typical small-town America along with some old European influences:

u16uc6.jpg

Plus the occasional fast food joint:

u15hp8.jpg

Here's a suburban area on the outskirts, at the intersection of South 22nd Avenue and Gilmour Street (facing south on 22nd):

u17ta4.jpg

And so you know where all this stuff actually is . . . wait for it . . . a map. cheesy.gif This covers the entire city tile where Wakeman is situated.

agmap34wakemantn8.th.png

Here's a key for it:

mapkeyko3.jpg

Finally, here's a few random shots from around the region, some of the roadways through the more remote areas around the gorge.

Hwy 89, just south of Wakeman

u12oi0.jpg

Belew Mountain Road

u14zk0.jpg

Abacab Pass Highway, along Abacab Creek

u13vt5.jpg

I will be back at some point with updates on development in Wakeman, as well as some more random road eyecandy, and possibly some unexpected stuff. wink.gif

-Alex (Tarkus)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

7 Comments

You started over here! Whoo! Looks great Tarkus and I will be eagerly waiting on more.

Share this comment

Woot!  Great to see you here in the new section Alex!  I look forward to seeing more from you!

Good luck with the transfer!

Share this comment

un1 and haljackey, thanks for the first comments!  I'll be porting over the rest of the updates here over the next day or so--there will be about 50 or so, though the numbering will be a bit off since I can't do the "fractional" update numbers I'm prone to doing for small updates.   I couldn't resist trying out this new ST 6.0 feature--the concept kind of intrigued me.   My intent is to "simulcast" it here and SC4D.  Hope you all enjoy it!

-Alex

Share this comment