• Comments
  • Views

Pripiat - Lessons Learned

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SimHoTToDDy

pripiatbanner01ph0.jpg

Pripiat - Lessons Learned

A place once owned by nature, claimed by man. Inhabited for an age, built as a gem in the crown of an empire. Tainted by power and controlled by arrogance it is forced to its knees. Abandoned without question, the deed so severe. Nothing to be done but watch it shrink into the horizon, disappearing from sight as they were taken away. A culture's existence,retained in an eternal still life slowly being reclaimed by the forces that held it first. They say mistake is a Buddhist gift, not for the pain of defeat, but for the Lessons Learned.

pripiatapr2205122854155in9.jpg

pripiatjul1051228541828oq9.jpg

pripiatjan2905122854124hc8.jpg

pripiatnov2204122854106ga5.jpg

pripiatmar3005122854143em7.jpg

pripiatfeb1051228541309tk3.jpg

pripiatapr1405122854149ha8.jpg

pripiatjun1605122854176ju6.jpg

54405984mp9.jpg

11735910rh7.jpg

67263314py4.jpg

86642316nv5.jpg

25147490lv9.jpg

I am going outside the SBU for this update to a unique place in what is now Ukraine. Before you bombard me with questions on what happened, I would like to direct you to some information on the event that makes this place important.

And while I have you, I have to say that this is by far my most depressing update so far. So, if you are not into the whole "6.gif that's so sad" kinda thing (and who isn't?) I suggest you find a happier CJ.

Vlasky likes this
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

11 Comments

The effects of Chernobyl are far reaching.  

I am a nurse,  and I have personally looked after a patient who was originally from the Ukraine, following surgery for a  brain tumour that was directly attributable to radiation exposure from Chernobyl.

Where do I live and work?   New Zealand.

Share this comment

oh, Chernobyl...

I had a question about that on state testing...

The radiation went everywhere! Covered all of England...

Share this comment

Ok, I have to know, where in the world did you get those amazing dead trees, especially that big one?
Where did you get all the rundown stuff?

Share this comment

Totally forgot to answer these questions, sorry about that.

I have so many mayor mode trees I couldn't tell you where those in particular are from, just do a search on the STEX or LEX and they should pop up. As for the run down stuff, I got those from Glenni's private stock of props. I think some can be found in his prop packs he uploaded, but otherwise you will need to ask him for them.

Share this comment

Your CJ is simply awsome! I love the realism in it. But i have one question, how did you get your railway texture to look like that? I think that is so cool and is definetly a must have for me.

Share this comment

Everything you see above was composed of custom lots made by myself. I just opened LE, found a rail texture I liked an then made a few lots with it.

I believe I used these (or somerthing else by NCD) for the lots in question.

Share this comment