• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Book 1, Montereau: Chapter I

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dark_Jedi06

Banner.jpg

Montereau is the capital of Genevra and its existence as such can be traced back to the early Middle Ages.

It is one of the oldest and most culturally revered cities in all of Western Europe, with the earliest recorded settlement

being the Roman town of Montruvia. The entire city is considered to be a historical site by the Genevran government

and it remains unspoiled by modern construction and skyscrapers. This chapter focuses on three stunning images of

one of the cities crown jewels, the Catedrala da Gronda Spada, or Cathedral of the Great Sword. It was commissioned

in the mid 17th century to commemorate the first great victory of the Sainte Église, the state religion of Genevra and a

faith largely unique to the nation. Repelling papal armies in a religious war during the year of 1624, the Grand Duke Lothair III

was responsible for building the cathedral to commemorate both his victory and that of the

Genevran Church (History of Genevra, Section IV. Early Modern). The golden eagle adorning the

cathedral's entrance was added several centuries later  in the aftermath of World War II to

act as a beacon of hope and strength for the decimated Genevran people.

Mosaic1-1.jpg

Mosaic1-2.jpg

Mosaic1-3.jpg

Mosaic2-1.jpg

Mosaic2-2.jpg

Mosaic2-3.jpg

Mosaic3-1.jpg

Mosaic3-2.jpg

Mosaic3-3.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

15 Comments

I'm speechless; this is amazing. I love it when people make cities like this; "...unspoiled by modern construction and skyscrapers."

Share this comment

it must have been very difficult to get all this paris houses where they were supposed to stand...

Share this comment