• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Benalto, Alberta II

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
beebs

hac2.jpg
Welcome back! I know I promised a BC village today, but unfortunately I wasn't able to get it ready in time. I figured we could make a pitsop back in Benalto before we move onwards to BC. So, here we are!

benaltomosaic1.jpg

benaltomosaic2.jpg

benaltomosaic3.jpg

The David Thompson Highway (Alberta Highway 11) is the road snaking through the mosaic.. Highway 11A, originally Highway 11 comes to an end near the center of the mosaic. You can see where 11A used to run straight through and onwards to the Rocky Mountains, the path now deeply overgrown by vegetation. The province opted to build a new route so travellers to the Rocky Mountains could bypass the hopping summer vacation town of Sylvan Lake. Plans are now in the works to twin Highway 11 from Red Deer, all the way to Rocky Mountain House. These are long term plans however, and will likely not be completed until near the beginning of the 2020's. The railway is still heavily used and connects with a rare grain elevator just east of this shot.

And that's all I've got today, folks.. just a quick mosaic. Check back later in the week when I should have our BC town up and running! Until then...

1 person likes this
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

11 Comments

Awesome job beebs!  I love the use of the RHW-2 in the photo!

You seem to be getting the hang of the new CJ section pretty quickly.  Awesome job on getting both SAC and HAC on here!  They look great and much more organized.

Share this comment

Awesome work Beebs, this is my first post in the new CJ section! I'm really loving this town, loving the farmland and trees. Good work! And I'm glad to see you've gotten the hang of the new forums !

Share this comment

This comment is brought to you courtesy of my dial up account... cos my dsl and ST are not speaking to each other at present.

Share this comment

Thanks guys! I'm hoping to have the BC town up by mid-week.. at latest, the weekend.

Share this comment

Very realistic beebers! I like the layout of the farms with the residential development near by! Looks very nice! 

Share this comment