Followers 0
  • Entry
  • Comments
  • Views

Da 'Burbs!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ForeverShafer

Hi everyone! My Kandrith Empire didn't work out so well, so I'm going for another shot! The Kingdom of Youtube is a small city that in which I will be asking peoples' help to design the city with me! (Which pretty much means this is a interactive CJ). So, lets get started, shall we?

Statistics:

Name: Kingdom Of Youtube

Date Created: March 20, 2009

Population: 5,059

Commercial Jobs: 6,628

Industrial Jobs: 0

Major Cities: (there is only one, so...) Suburbs!

Alright, to the first update. This is the Suburbs of the Capital I will make soon.

TheBurbs.jpg

Alright, I'm pretty pressed for time so, I'm gonna make the upcommer fast. You all can help me design what goes in the capital:

Capitol.jpg

Post on here so you can tell me what YOU wanna se in the Capital!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

2 Comments

Instead of using the [IMG] code, use the Insert Image button (next to Mr Froggy).

That aside, a good start so far. I think you should stay away from the overall square design your sticking with. They're good for downtown grids, but they don't really work for a suburb (unless you're straying away from realism, in which case that works).

As for the capital... Well, it depends on what style of capital you're going for... personally, I like to see the nice urban jungles like Toronto and such, but really just go for what you want.

On thing I will suggest though is go with the bigger city tiles. They are so much easier to work with, and you can do more things with them. (Trust me, thats one thing I learned to never do again with my first CJ)

I'll be keeping an eye out!

Jacob

Share this comment

Thank you. I have totally revamped my region tiles. And I think I know what you mean about "non-square" suburbs Thanks for your positive feedback.

Share this comment