• Views

Invasion, part 2

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lyhoko Leaci

Invasion, part 2

September 23rd, 0165AL (2021)

DPM2-49-2.jpg

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: Why aren't they doing anything? They're just sitting there.

CaptAndurn.jpgCapt. Andurn: Can you disable them now before they attack?

ltkalmulsc1.jpgLt. Kalmul: They're too powerful to do that... huh... somehow we've cloaked.

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: That would explain why they aren't doing anything...

FATakari.jpg1st Officer Takari: This ship has a cloaking device?

CaptAndurn.jpgCapt. Andurn: Apparently it does. Can we attack them while we are cloaked?

ltkalmulsc1.jpgLt. Kalmul: Only with the drone weapons, the main weapons are temporarily disabled due to the power requirements of the cloak. The shields are currently at half power, and at 45% strength.

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: I'm detecting some sort of energy surge coming from the planet.

DPM2-49-1.jpg

CaptAndurn.jpgCapt. Andurn: What is it?

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: Unknown. I've never seen anything like it, and apparently, neither have the al'Hasiq, as it isn't in the database. Whoa, it just discharged at the black hole.

FATakari.jpg1st Officer Takari: What is it doing?

michaeltv9.jpgMichael:It seems to be building up even more energy from the black hole...

CaptAndurn.jpgCapt. Andurn: What?

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: It's somehow taking mass directly from the black hole, and converting it into energy, which is building up some form of spatial distortion around the black hole, similar to the one around the system.

CaptAndurn.jpgCapt. Andurn: What should we do?

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: I can't tell when it will discharge, so it would be a bad idea to go to hyperspace, who knows what would happen if we were in hyperspace when it discharged.

FATakari.jpg1st Officer Takari: Should we decloak?

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: That would probably be a good idea, though first we should get as far away from the black hole, and the Scourge ship, as we can.

The Masura began to silently accelerate away from the black hole, quickly leaving the Scourge behind.

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: The energy buildup is slowing down... It seems likely that it will discharge soon.

ltkalmulsc1.jpgLt. Kalmul: Decloaking now.

DPM2-49-3.jpg

The shields came on fully as the cloak shut down, and the Masura continued to fly off toward the outer shield bubble.

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: The Scourge ship is now following.

FATakari.jpg1st Officer Takari: How much--

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: It's discharging! Brace for impact!

The energy field collapsed, sending out a large subspace pulse away from the black hole, which rapidly hit the Masura, shaking everyone up. The blast continued outward, then rammed into the shield bubble, which largely dissipated it.

CaptAndurn.jpgCapt. Andurn: What about the Scourge ship?

DPM2-49-4.jpg

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: We're losing them... hold on, it seems they pulse disabled them somehow... I'm detecting no signs of activity from them, other than various explosions on the ship.

CaptAndurn.jpgCapt. Andurn: And the other ones that had cloaked?

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: Hold on... they've been disabled too.

FATakari.jpg1st Officer Takari: Well, it seems we found something that can take them out...

To be continued...

Yintar-Yanar

DPM2-49-5.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: Parath again.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: This time its the western part, farther into the hills.

Nick.jpgNick: Also, this will most likely be the last of Parath, there simply isn't much left to look at.

DPM2-49-6.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Even if you can't see the hills from tis angle, it doesn't mean there aren't any.

DPM2-49-7.jpg

Nick.jpgNick: A farm?

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Weird. Apparently even in the mountains they can find room to farm.

DPM2-49-8.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Hilly.

Nick.jpgNick: Just barely enough room to build houses on.

DPM2-49-9.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: And before you go, a preview of an area closer to downtown, with M-3.

Nick.jpgNick: And it's the main M-3, not the loop.

Comments

Archean: Well, with the Scourge, most races are at a technological disadvantage...

Schulmanator: Probably not very well, had they actually needed to fight it.

Zelgadis: Maybe I hid them a little too well... They were still somewhat easily visible on my laptop monitor, but not my home monitor.

Twenty20: Glad you like it!

NMUSpidey: Hmmm... good question, that could be...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

0 Comments

There are no comments to display.