• Views

The Weapon

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lyhoko Leaci

The Weapon

July 24th, 0165AL (2021)

dpm2291jf2.jpg

danielmk1.jpgDaniel: Are you sure we'll be back before the Union Day celebrations?

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: Yes, we should only be working today, DPM-8 and DPM-15 will take over tomorrow...

danielmk1.jpgDaniel: So they're going to miss it?

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: Well, they could pick up a transmission of the events on subspace, this planet that far away from Narya.

danielmk1.jpgDaniel: 500 light years is "not that far away"?

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: Not for subspace or though the gate transmissions... Several days by starship though.

danielmk1.jpgDaniel: Well, whatever this weapon is that we're looking for, it's not here.

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: Time to move to the next section of land.

They walked around 100 feet away from where they were, and began scanning. However, a snap of a tree branch soon interrupted them, causing Michael to stare into the forest.

danielmk1.jpgDaniel: Probably just a wild animal.

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: Huh? Oh.

danielmk1.jpgDaniel: I'm used to that sort of stuff by now.

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: I keep forgetting you spent a month alone on that one planet.

The sound of an energy discharge interrupted them again, and both turned their heads to the side, just in time to see it Karemu Jakura, the leader of DPM-7, who collapsed into a heap of tangled arms and legs. (Karemu Jakura is a Zevinowa)

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: Something tells me that isn't a wild animal.

Both dropped their scanners and pulled out their guns, and Michael also pulled out a life signs detector, before they took shelter behind a large rock.

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: 2 targets, both that way, the rest of DPM-7 and DPM-14 are back behind us.

Michael raised his gun up above the rock, and when nothing happened, he carefully poked his head up and aimed in the direction of one of the life signs. There was no sign of movement for several seconds, but then a bush rustled, and he fired at it. A thud told him that he had hit the target, though that wasn't the only sound. Just before the blast hit them, it sounded like they had yelled "Vala!" Not able to find the other target, Michael quickly dropped back down behind the rock.

danielmk1.jpgDaniel: Vala? Isn't that the person who was leading the mission to capture the Masura for the Amanz pirates?

michaeltv9.jpgMichael: Yes, but that can't be here, they said that planet didn't have a gate, but there is one here.

A stunner blast suddenly blasted the top of the rock, and a second stunner hit Michael in the head from above. Daniel grabbed the fallen life signs detector, which showed that DPM-7 and DPM-14 had fallen back to the gate area, most likely due to not expecting a conflict, and more unidentified people had appeared in the area. Daniel stood up, then place his gun on the rock, and raised his hand as he backed away.

danielmk1.jpgDaniel: I surrender!

A woman with long, dark hair dropped out of a nearby tree, then walked over to Daniel while pointer a stunner at him. She was soon followed by another woman, this one with blond hair, who was pushing some sort of anti-grav cargo transporter.

amanzpiratevi3.jpg???: Get on, and then sit down.

Daniel did as he was told, then they raised some bars on the side of the transport that Daniel was sitting on, and began tying his arms to them, while staying out of range of his legs so he wouldn't try anything. 

danielmk1.jpgDaniel: Who are you?

The only response they gave him was to put some sort of tape over his mouth, then the dark hared person walked over to the rock, and began picking up the guns, the life signs detector, and all of the other equipment. Once the second woman decided that Daniel wasn't able to go anywhere, she walked over to help the first pick up the still unconscious Michael, and put him down on the other side of the transport, with his back to Daniel's back, then they tired Michael up in the same way they had done to Daniel, only they also tied up his legs as well.

amanzpiratevi3.jpg???: You sure you can handle them, Vala?

danieltapetr7.jpgDaniel: Mmph!

amanzpiratevi3.jpg???: Oh, be quiet. Vala, you sure you can handle them by yourself?

valatv3.jpg Vala: Yes, they're tied up and I'm the one with the guns, and besides with the transporter I don't have to carry them, they just float.

After the blond had walked off and was out of sight, Vala reached over and ran her finger's though Daniel's hair, as Daniel whacked his legs against the bars, trying to get free.

danieltapetr7.jpgDaniel: MMmphh!

valatv3.jpg Vala: I don't want to stun you, but I will if you make me.

To be continued...

Myoria

dpm2292ki6.jpg

nickay1.jpgNick: Here is one of several bridges across various parts of Murn lake.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: This one is the southernmost bridge, and the road that crosses it leads to Lurrel.

dpm2293lx7.jpg

dpm2294at8.jpg

nickay1.jpgNick: A view from the other side of Mt. Murn, where--

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Where you can see all the rocks, unlike the picture in the previous update.

nickay1.jpgNick: Nikki! Stop interrupting me!

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: You were too slow.

dpm2295vz5.jpg

dpm2296ut7.jpg

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: The cabins here, just to the north of the other cabins, are much nicer, especially some next to the water.

nickay1.jpgNick: You would think they would keep their boats in the water, instead of hauling them up onto the ground.

nikkitr8.jpgNikki: Huh. Interesting.

Comments:

Schulmanator: Took me a little bit to figure out the second wormhole comment... until I realized it was a different type of wormhole. 3.gif As for the limo, how about one that has a Wapbervklex drive? 3.gif

Smarty218: I'm glad you like it!

Shingure: Most likely somewhere around 100-200 (US) dollars for a low wealth one, 200 to 300 for a medium wealth, and somewhere around 1000 for a high wealth one, per night. Price may vary depending on cabin location and time of year.

zelgadis: Blame Schulmanator for giving me the idea for the name. 3.gif Also, I don't think the shield color has much of an effect on strength... because al'Hasiq shields are reddish-orange and they are one of the strongest types. Same for the purple Scourge shields.

renemone: Thanks for the comment!

anik: Myon is about 175 years ahead of Earth in technology... can you wait that long? Or should I say, can the asteroids wait that long?... It would be nice to have a planetary shield now, though.

marco1771: Don't think anyone's said that before, glad you like it!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

0 Comments

There are no comments to display.