• Views

Karani

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lyhoko Leaci

Karani

July 9th, 0165AL (2021)

dpm2231rh1.jpg

Lt. Black pushed the runabout's front door open and watched as some water came in, then she climbed onto Laur's back. Laur walked over to the door, made sure there was enough room and that Lt. Black was holding on tight enough, and then he spread his arms, opened his wings, and launched himself into the air. After reaching a high enough altitude, he banked to the left and glided around until he was pointing toward shore, then landed in an open area between several trees. Major Zargolf soon landed next to him, having jumped out of the runabout shortly after Laur did. Meanwhile, Brad climbed onto Brian's back, and Brian launched himself toward shore using his telekinesis, but as he has no wings, their landing wasn't as smooth as the others.

majzargolfne1.jpgMajor Zargolf: We need to explore the area to see if we can find anything that we can use, and also to find a way to contact Narya.

Brian walked over to the shore and began to concentrate on the runabout to move it to dry land, but before he could start, a noise in the forest made him turn around. standing between two of the trees were two people who appeared human, but didn't seem to be human. Major Zargolf reached for his weapon, but before he reached it, the two showed that their hands were empty, and then one of them spoke.

darathkorga8.jpg???: You will not need that, we have no interest in harming you.

As they came closer, it became easier to see that their faces, as well as the back of their hands, had lines of spots on them.

ltblacktb7.jpgLt. Black: Are you Trill?

ayuramarec5.jpg???: What are Trills? We are Karani, and we are also Darath Kor and Ayura Mar.

As she said their names, she pointed first at her companion, then at herself.

majzargolfne1.jpgMajor Zargolf: I am Major Zargolf, and they are Lt. Black, Brad Meiring, Brian Meiring, and Dr. Hapsedut.

darathkorga8.jpgDarath: You are Myonians, correct?

majzargolfne1.jpgMajor Zargolf: H... How did you know?

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: We have been watching you.

ltblacktb7.jpgLt. Black: For how long?

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: Ever since you arrived in this part of the galaxy, 10 years ago.

darathkorga8.jpgDarath: We can take you back to Narya

brian2gk4.jpgBrian: How?

darathkorga8.jpgDarath: The same way you got here.

There was a dull thud, and a ship decloaked directly overhead.

darathkorga8.jpgDarath: Do you want to come?

majzargolfne1.jpgMajor Zargolf: Yes.

dpm2232uu9.jpg

The ship emitted a tractor beam, which began to lift the runabout out of the water, and DPM-2, Ayura, and Darath were beamed into a room on board the ship. As it began to fly off, they all sat down in the chairs in the room, except for Brad who looked at the door.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: Is something wrong?

brad2ye7.jpgBrad: Where is the bathroom?

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: Oh... its just down the hall and to the right.

brad2ye7.jpgBrad: Thank you.

dpm2233zy2.jpg

Several minutes later there was a slight lurch, and Ayura got up, walked out the door and turned left, and then returned about a minute later.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: We are in the wormhole, and we will arrive at Narya in about 5 hours.

She then left again and turned right, and then saw Brad

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: You're not like anyone I have met before.

brad2ye7.jpgBrad: What?

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: What I mean is, you... and your brother, are not like anyone the Karani have met.

brad2ye7.jpgBrad: How?

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: You are much more like the Karani than you are like other humans.

brad2ye7.jpgBrad: In what way?

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: You have abilities that I didn't know anyone had other than the Karani.

brad2ye7.jpgBrad: Do you mean telekinesis and telepathy and stuff like that?

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: Yes. You could easily be a Karani, the only thing you are missing are spots.

brad2ye7.jpgBrad: I can fix that.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: How?

brad2ye7.jpgBrad: Like this.

Brad closed his eyes, and his face and hair began to change, and it soon looked just like Ayura's.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: How did you do that?

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: I am also part Ancaron.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: I've never heard of them.

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: Might be because there are only 2 and a quarter.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: A quarter?

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: That would be me. Only my face, hair, chest, my left arm, and part of my left side are Ancaron.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: If you don't mind me asking, how are you like that?

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: Two and a half years ago, there was an accident with a new power source that Mardon and Cormani, the other two Ancaron, were working on. I was nearly killed in the explosion, but because of where I was at, some of Mardon's nanites entered my body.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: Nanites?

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: That is what the Ancaron bodies are made of, at least the new bodies, I don't know how they were originally. Mardon got me out of the wreckage and Cormani was able to heal me using her healing powers, but it wasn't enough to completely heal me, just enough to keep me from dying. It wasn't until two days later they discovered the nanites that were in me, and they were able to program them to repair me, though my left arm was unable to be fixed. After I regain consciousness, I wanted to keep the nanites instead of having them totally rebuild me, so that is how I became the way I was.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: You said you lost your left arm, but it looks fines.

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: it is totally made out of nanites, and is the only part of my body that is that way, the rest is just nanites on the surface, with my original body below it.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: Whoa... I don't know I could handle something like that... and Lt. Black said something about Trills, what are they?

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: They are one of the alien species on and Earth TV show called Star Trek.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: So they aren't real?

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: No, not in this world.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: What do they look like?

ayuramarec5.jpgBrad: Hold on.

Brad's face once again changed, this time it ended up looking like Jadzia Dax.

bradjadziamg4.jpgBrad: Like this.

ayuramarec5.jpgAyura: Oh.

As Brad's face and hair returned to normal, Major Zargolf walked out into the hall.

brad2ye7.jpgBrad: I was just talking.

dpm2234aj2.jpg

Later, in Narya orbit

darathkorga8.jpgDarath: We have arrived at Narya, now all we need to do is establish contact and tell them that you are here... and tell them what the new ship in orbit is. 

Myoria

dpm2235qr6.jpg

This is the location of the IASA Engine Research, Development and Manufacturing Center, located just to the north of Rothen. Even though some of the buildings have interesting designs, the residents have welcomed the facility.

dpm2236ey9.jpg

These buildings are where everything is constructed, there are also plans made to begin construction of a new, larger building for bigger projects.

dpm2237mn7.jpg

These two towers are where the engines are tested. (That is, when it is safe to do so)

dpm2238ro6.jpg

dpm2239xn2.jpg

The view from the other side of the towers, as well as part of Rothen.

dpm22310ij0.jpg

This is where the computer simulators and research takes place. Also visible is the ramp down to an underground complex where the Myoria RDPM facility is under construction. It will become operational sometime soon, as soon as all security measures are in place, and once a stargate has been transported into the facility. The Myoria RDPM and the IASA Engine Research, Development and Manufacturing Center will remain separate.

Comments:

zelgadis: Good thing they didn't lose all their engines... 3.gif

Schulmanator: That would be the planet Myon.

jacqulina: Glad you like it!

gabry85: If he didn't have a license he wouldn't be flying... 3.gif

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

0 Comments

There are no comments to display.