The Missing Planet

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lyhoko Leaci

The Missing Planet

July 9th, 0165AL (2021)

dpm2221sv5.jpg

Somewhere near P4X-103

As they continued flying though the system, Brian looked up from the controls and looked at Laur, who was sitting behind him.

brian2gk4.jpgBrian: So somewhere in this system there is a stargate that is in a habitable area.

laurbl7.jpg Laur: Yes.

brian2gk4.jpgBrian: But what do we do when the stargate refuses to come up on any of our scans?

laurbl7.jpg Laur: We search for it.

majzargolfne1.jpgMajor Zargolf: And considering the size of a solar system, this could take awhile.

ltblacktb7.jpgLt. Black: Maybe Jadzia knows where it is.

brad2ye7.jpgBrad: No I don't, and stop calling me Jadzia.

ltblacktb7.jpgLt. Black: Why? You can imitate her very well... Or would you like us to call you Odo instead?

brad2ye7.jpgBrad: No! I... think I can sense something dead ahead of us.

brian2gk4.jpgBrian: Can you tell what it is?

brad2ye7.jpgBrad: No, but it is big.

Brian began slowing the runabout down as they approached whatever it was that Brad found.

dpm2222dg5.jpg

Suddenly, a small moon appeared out of nothing right in front of them. Brian pulled back on the controls, put the runabout into full reverse thrust, and activated the shields, but they continued to head straight for it.

dpm2223wz3.jpg

Just before they hit the bottom of the canyon, the runabout pulled out of the dive and Brian began weaving it though the canyon, avoiding the steep walls. Just as they began to exit, however, there was an energy surge, and the AGPUs, Wapbervklex drive, sensors, and communications all went offline.

brian2gk4.jpgBrian: What was that?

He pressed a button on the controls that switched control to the thrusters, and continued to fly away from the moon.

majzargolfne1.jpgMajor Zargolf: We need to land to be able to fix it, so land on the planet.

brian2gk4.jpgBrian: I though there wasn't any planet near here?

brad2ye7.jpgBrad: There is now.

dpm2224bf3.jpg

The runabout swung around, and a view of the planet filled the front window of the runabout.

brian2gk4.jpgBrian: Hold on, this is going to be a bumpy ride!

The runabout shook as the thrusters came on full reverse and they began to enter the atmosphere. The shields began glowing as they began decelerating, then 1 minute after this the roughness lessened and Brian redirected the thrusters to keep them from descending too fast. As they approached the ground, they flew into a thick fog bank. Brian looked at the only operating sensors for a few seconds, then gripped the controls tighter.

brian2gk4.jpgBrian: The only place where we can land is a small pond that will be coming up in about half a minute, everything else is trees!

majzargolfne1.jpgMajor Zargolf: Hold on everyone!

dpm2225qs9.jpg

Just before the runabout hit the water, the downward pointing thrusters blasted water all over the place, then even more water was splashed about when the runabout hit the water, skipped across the surface, before sinking into about half a meter of water and muck near the shore.

brad2ye7.jpgBrad: Well, it was better than your first landing.

To be continued...

Myoria

dpm2226kh2.jpg

dpm2227vn2.jpg

dpm2228pz3.jpg

dpm2229rt6.jpg

There are three lakes near Leechville that are collectively known as the Leech Lakes, the upper (top) and lower (bottom) Leech Lakes are the ones visible here, while the middle of the three Leech Lakes is the one that Leechville is located on. The very top of the image is actually part of Seldonia, and much of Upper Leech Lake is located there. Also visible is the change in tree type from high altitude to low altitude.

dpm22210te9.jpg

Border station between Myoria and Seldonia, bottom and right is the Seldonian side. While no security can be seen here, it doesn't mean there is no security...

dpm22211hs9.jpg

Waterfall connecting Middle Leech Lake to Lower Leech Lake.

dpm22212cd2.jpg

The waterfall that it the exit point for Lower Leech Lake. This water continues west to Rothen, before emptying into the Myorian River at the center of the province.

Comments:

Smarty218: Glad you like it! And here's some more waterfalls. Well, the same ones as before plus two more.

Schulmanator: Just don't call him that... 3.gif

Joetropian1: NC as in North Carolina. The Valmal still needs some repairs, but it is okay.

gabry85: Just watch out for Snoopy. 3.gif

palin1388: Indeed.

Patricius Maximus: I'm glad you like it!

zelgadis: Well, it did turn out longer than I expected... 3.gif

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

0 Comments

There are no comments to display.