• Views

A Hint of What's to Come

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lyhoko Leaci

A Hint of What's to Come

January 15th, 0165AL (2021)

dpm261cv7.jpg

Brian and Lil were packing for their trip to New Carpathia, which they would be taking along with Laur, Major Zargolf, during their short break from the RDPM.

dpm262gq9.jpg

While the others are on vacation, Brad and Lt. Black still have some work to do, which is an undercover mission to Amanz, with support form the Amanz government, to gather intelligence on a group of interstellar pirates.

galesfe401uh3.jpg

Daniel Jackson has decided to live on Myon, and has become a new member of DPM-14, an archaeological team.

---------------------------

I will also include some pictures of Coraphal the largest city in the Muphridish Empire, because otherwise this update would be too short (and because I don't know what else to do with the pictures). DPM-2 may be heading here at some point as well...

coraphal1aw6.jpg

One of numerous manufacturing areas in the city, over half of the city is covered with lo-rise buildings like this. (Lo-rise being a relative term, many of these buildings are similar in size to Earth skyscrapers, and the "ground" is around 160m above sea level)

coraphal2sp6.jpg

As nearly the entire city is built on the water, there are many canals cutting though the buildings, as well as many more water-filled tunnels connecting them under the buildings. The ground that you saw in the first picture is actually artificial, built as the city gradually expands. The city spaceports are also built into the buildings, and the canals allow ships to get closer to the docking stations, with doors allowing small ships in, while large ships are transported in by the short-range industrial transporters.

coraphal3gd6.jpg

Night view.

coraphal4om1.jpg

The rest of the city is covered with massive skyscrapers, which commonly reach over 2km into the sky, with the tallest being around 4km. (Higher areas are pressurized) Despite the city being so dense, there is plenty of room, the vast majority of living areas consisting of large high-ceilinged rooms with plenty of living space. Transportation in the city is easy as well, with numerous transporter stations, as well as vertical and horizontal tube transport within buildings. And if you need the exercise, you can take the stairs. (Though I recommend that you take the stairs only for short trips)

coraphal5kn1.jpg

And a night view.

Comments:

zelgadis: Well, he was stuck on a forest moon for a month...

OffTopic: I'm glad you like it!

Schulmanator: Indeed.

crushedcar: Thanks for the comment!

bbfan02: Glad you like it!

Smarty218: And more SW... not mentioned, but shouldn't be hard to find.

Hester: Don't think there will be much ST stuff here... but there is SG and SW.

Just seeing if you are checking after the DPM-2 restoration... there now seems to be a lot more ST stuff than I though there would be. 3.gif

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

0 Comments

There are no comments to display.