Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Capilano Valley: Downtown II

Sign in to follow this  
beebs

sac_capval_v1.jpg

Update time! Sorry for spending so much time in the Valley.. You might say inspiration has struck. Hopefully inspiration is turning out for the best. face-icon-small-tongue.gif

downtownmosaic1.jpg
downtownmosaic2.jpg
downtownmosaic3.jpg
downtownmosaic4.jpg
Some of you may have noticed when I first showed Capilano's downtown that it cut off at the edge of the city tile... wondering where the rest of downtown went? Wonder no more! Here's the bit that you couldn't see.

The city is currently in the planning phase with Omni Hotels (who owns much of the land around the Capilano Omni Hotel) for a large park/boardwalk area. Many residents feel that such a development could add new life to downtown.

fairmontcapilano.jpg
The views from the Capilano Omni are some of the best you can find in the Rockies. On one side overlooking the Capilano River and up Mount Norquay, with the other featuring a commanding view of downtown Capilano and onwards to Pine Hill, where the communications tower is located.

And that's all I've got, folks.. Be sure to check back next time! Also don't forget to check out my side project, Hamlets Across Canada.. Until then, so long!

Sign in to follow this  

1 Comment

Recommended Comments

That section of downtown was almost complete custom. Nice.

And for some reason I really liked the neighborhood across the river a lot more even though i die over downtown areas. Good work with the riverside housing.

Share this comment