True Earth

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Tour of Africa: Introduction

jL06ZQS.jpg

So for my next series of updates, I have something a little special planned. Over the last couple months, I've been slowly accumulating a large collection of African scenes - and it's finally starting to come together. With nearly 40 different scenes (the pics below are just a small little teaser of what's to come - the tip of the iceberg *;)), it's going to be like nothing I've ever done before - an unforgettable tour of just about everything the continent has to offer.

We'll start off the six-part series by taking a look at one of Africa's most iconic cities - Johannesburg.

QEqH30a.jpg

From there, we'll stay in Southern Africa, exploring a variety of natural scenes - including one of Africa's most famous wildlife sanctuaries, the Okavango Delta.

7iw09lL.jpg

Along with the world's second tallest waterfall - Tugela Falls. Animations are going to play a pivotal role in this series - it's going to be quite the sight *:)

M1Z7qpd.jpg

From there, we'll head east - getting to visit East Africa and the beautiful Indian Ocean along the way.

PDeycO5.jpg

With a number of unique wonders like the Tsingy stone forests - visiting Madagascar is also must.

lYuhqOW.jpg

It's off to Central Africa from there - where we'll get to explore wild Africa at its finest along with a number of natural wonders. Algae-rich lakes such as Lake Logipi attract countless lesser flamingos - and when they migrate, it makes for one of the greatest sights on the continent.

5LlWMsU.jpg

We'll then head out to West Africa - visiting a number of small rural scenes, like the ones found in Rural Congo.

nN71vsk.jpg

And we'll wrap up in North Africa - after traveling through the Sahara, we'll get to see one of the continents greatest landmarks, the Pyramids.

85nQBU7.jpg

Additionally, as you might expect - there hasn't been a great deal of African themed custom content to work with. Because of this, custom content creation has been absolutely vital to this series. I've been creating various BATs from scratch on a massive scale to make some of these scenes possible:

KXyn7gr.jpg L5c54HA.jpg 1NXowNK.jpg

sK5ykDj.jpg

WIP:

YfkZPgD.jpg

BcTGSTf.jpg

If anyone's interested in some of the stuff I'll be using over the next couple of updates, feel free to PM me. I don't know yet though how long it will take me to upload some of this stuff, there's still lots of various odds and ends that I need to sort out and I've been extremely busy with my CJ/MD as of late.

Don't forget to comment, like, and follow True Earth if you haven't already!

-korver

---

Replies for "Bohemia"

KfVptcq.jpg

@Jeffrey500 Thanks! Bohemia is certainly one of my dream destinations *:)Might be a while though before I find the time to upload this stuff so feel free to PM me if you're interested in anything.

@mike_oxlong Thanks *:)I've been slowly accumulating a whole bunch of pics really since the beginning of the year and I'm finally finding the time to put them all into proper updates.

@dabadon5 Thank you for the comment! *:)

@Simmer2 *:thumb:

@_Michael Thanks for the kind words!

@JP Schriefer Thanks for the comment! *:)

@tariely Thanks! I had to do a lot of fiddling around in 3dsmax to make sure the models were just perfect, glad you liked it *:thumb:

@raynev1 Thanks raynev! *:)

@Akallan Thank you! When I first saw that village I knew I wanted to do the update. It's so magical!

@RandyE Thanks for the comment! I was thinking the same exact same thing when I was working on those. I actually got started on a Yosemite update a real long time ago (late May of last year I think? Never made much progress on it though.) and whipped up a really fancy national park themed banner like the ones you mentioned. Perhaps I'll have to give a couple US national parks another go in the future *:)

@TekindusT Thank you! *:)

@jmsepe Thanks for the nice words! *:lol:

@kschmidt Thanks for the comment! Those houses were actually just released on the LEX, check them out here *:)

@Namiko Thank you, glad you liked the animation *:)I've been trying to work more of those in to my updates here recently.

And big thanks to @Toby Ferrian, @Fantozzi, @Jeffrey500, @mike_oxlong, @Tyberius06, @Simmer2, @matias93, @bobolee, @kingofsimcity, @bladeberkman, @RobertLM78, @CorinaMarie, @_Michael, @RandyE, @JP Schriefer, @SC4L0ver, @Marushine, @huzman, @Manuel-ito, @raynev1, @Akallan, @nos.17, @MushyMushy, @mrsmartman, @AlexSLM520, @Silur, @kschmidt, @juliok92012, @Elenphor, @Yarahi, & @Namiko for all the likes!

12 Comments

Recommended Comments

Hi!

That railyard, can you make a walkthrough on that one? Diagonal bridge and those stuffs all together?

It's amazing!

But the rest of these pictures are awesome as well! :)

Well I might have just lost all my collected sc4 downloads what I got between 2014 and 2016 (that means all the originally downloaded stuffs from simpeg and everything from the LEX before 2016 and a big amount of stuffs from other sites) due to flashdrive failiure, where my SC4 back-ups had been. 

Anyway I interested in your BATs...

- Tyberius

Share this comment

I have made alot of North African themed buildings for SC4, you can find them here, I hope they can be useful for you http://community.simtropolis.com/profile/407556-il/content/?type=downloads_file You can find old city walls that you can maybe use

Check my CJ for inspiration about the theme, these CJs are old, so many images are not there anymore, but you can still see alot

http://community.simtropolis.com/journals/entry/12094-paradise-on-earth/

Share this comment

@RobertLM78 Thanks, glad you liked it *:)

@Tyberius06 Thanks! Unfortunately, the bridge probably isn't as exciting as you would expect - its purely eye candy (non functional). It's pretty much just a model I downloaded and I made it into a BAT. (I don't believe there would be any way to have a FAR bridge actually overlap like that besides eye candy).

But as for the overhanging part, what I'll do is turn the model I want to overhang into a prop (if it isn't already). I don't know if this method really works for buildings, it might, but I've always done it with props. But anyways, I'll just find the accompanying .sc4desc file for the model and open it up with ILive's reader - and shrink the occupancy size down to 1,1,1. I made a small little guide about this method in my "Year In Review" entry  (see the "Adamstown" one) - so try checking that out if you're stuck. Once that's done, you can just put it on a blank 1x1 lot and have it overhang just about anything you want *:)

@IL. Thanks for the suggestions *:) I just about have the North Africa entry finished up so I don't know if I'll have time to use them there, but I have been making good use of some of your buildings lately in other scenes, some of which you'll see in the future *;)

@mattb325 Thank you *:) The Tugela Falls .gif is truly special - I just hope the massive size (12mb) won't be a problem... *:P

@mike_oxlong  Thank you! I always appreciate your enthusiasm for my work *:)

@raynev1 Thanks for the support as always *:)

@_Michael *:thumb:

@TekindusT  Thanks for the nice words *:)

@Gilberto Rodrigues  Thank you *:)

Share this comment