• Moose

True Earth

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

South Asia (Preview)

South Asia (Preview)

For our next destination, we're traveling to an area very rarely seen in SC4... India and South Asia. As you might imagine, it has been quite the hassle finding suitable buildings - but after many, many hours of scavenging around - and even doing some BATing in addition to bringing in some custom models I found... I've been able to track down *just* enough to make it work.

The full update is nearing completion, but in the meantime - here's a couple of previews to enjoy *:)

One of the most impressive structures in the world... Delhi's Red Fort.

(full size link here)

mCm3YPC.jpg

One of the many beautiful tea plantations that dot the rolling hillsides of rural Sri Lanka.

qDtDP5o.jpg

Don't forget to comment, like, and follow True Earth if you haven't already!

-korver

---

Replies for "Český Krumlov"

WgcQZis.jpg

@mike_oxlong  Thanks, glad you enjoyed it!

@tariely  Thanks! And great work on your CJ as well lately. I've been quite impressed!

@raynev1  Thanks for the nice words!

@kingofsimcity  Thank you *:)Yeah, I've been doing a number of smaller rural/nature type scenes recently for a nice change up, hopefully I'll be able to show some of those off here soon when I find some time. I've been looking for a good place to use that neat little MGB bridge too, happy to finally put it to good use.

@_Michael Thanks *:)Throughout the making of this CJ, I think I might have turned into a bit of a Google Earth addict *:lol:I wish it didn't take so long finding all those close SC4 replacements though, probably the most annoying part of any update *:P

@TekindusT  Appreciate the comment! I was really trying to capture the "feeling" of the village, it was probably the main thing on my mind while I was working on the update and I think I did a pretty nice job with it *;)

@Golhbul  Thanks for the comment, glad you enjoyed it!

@Akallan  Thank you! For scenes like this, small details like those were vital to really bring out the charm and character of the town.

@feyss  Thanks for the comment! Took a little longer than I expected on this update, though. (RL can be a hassle..)

@Simmer2  Thank you! *:)

@beenthabeast  I've been told that a couple times - I've actually had a couple maps in the back of my mind while working on a few pics *;) Appreciate the comment *:)

@Mańkowsky  Thank you! And thanks for the shoutout on SCPolska, too *:thumb:

@JP Schriefer Thank you! Its really awesome to hear that about my pics as well. That's one of the coolest comments I've gotten so far! *:thumb:

And finally, big thanks to @MushyMushy, @kingofsimcity, @mike_oxlong, @nos.17, @matias93, @tariely, @RandyE, @Manuel-ito, @scotttbarry, @CT14, @gigius76, @Jolteon, @Fantozzi, @Pluispixel, @_Michael, @mattb325, @kim026, @Yarahi, @f3cs, @Akallan, @kschmidt, @baltazar23, @GoKingsGo, @Dazzyls, @Ducio, @bobolee, @Marushine, @Odainsaker, @Lazarou Monkey Terror, @feyss, @mrsmartman, @v701, @Simmer2, @Jeffrey500, @Silur, @Don_Pato, @Oerk, @Tyberius06, @Mańkowsky, @Themistokles, @Elenphor, @AlexSLM520, @Dgmc2013, & @JP Schriefer for all the likes!

raynev1, v701, kelistmac and 24 others like this

10 Comments

The "like" button is quite an understatement, as far as your CJs are concerned. We had very useful emojis at Simpeg, way back then  : eyes-bulging, jaw-dropped, and dead-on-the-floor. Or at least fainted-on-the-floor. I would use all three for each of your entries. On a less gushing note : the way the tea plantations follow the contours of the terrain... Very inspiring !

korver likes this

Share this comment

Great job, I can not wait to see the full update. These two photos already shows a great extent of your efforts. Thank you. *:thumb:

korver likes this

Share this comment

It's awesome.

I wonder where you find all these BAT so specific .... Congratulations and thank you for our eyes ... Henceforth, I find my game very bland

korver likes this

Share this comment