• Moose

True Earth

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Český Krumlov

WgcQZis.jpg

Today we take a tour through one of Europe's most charming cities - Český Krumlov, located in the Bohemia region of the Czech Republic. We begin in Svornosti Square - the town square located in the heart of the city. Its been here since medieval times - and today its lined by a number of old shops and antique stores.

zbwrQWc.jpg

The Český Krumlov State Castle is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the city. Built on top of a steep cliff on the banks of the Vlatva River, the views from here are great - especially during sunsets. Its one of the most marvelous sights in the entire region - built back in the 13th century, today it houses a museum with exhibitions running frequently.

D1EG0Ao.jpg

Nighttime is often quiet here - making it a good time to get away from the crowds. The Virgin Mary statue located in the middle of the old square is one of the best sights at night - its hard to miss.

fI2hbbP.jpg

Christmas markets are a time tested tradition in central European towns and cities - and the one hosted yearly in the town square is quite the popular attraction. With its towering Christmas tree, countless stalls, and falling snow - it truly makes for a magical atmosphere.

As7vEWX.jpg

The Vlatva River snakes and loops around the city, adding to the charm of the old town. Restaurants and shops are located along its banks, making for a picturesque experience - especially during the colors of fall.

TZNSDx7.jpg

One of the most amazing times to visit Český Krumlov is during autumn - the fall foliage, crisp weather, and smaller crowds all make it a perfect time to visit the city. The atmosphere coupled with the historic buildings of the old town makes it a fairytale experience!

LIivVG1.jpg

Don't forget to comment, like, and follow True Earth if you haven't already!

-korver

---

Replies for "Patagonia"

b8KgUq0.jpg

Spoiler

@raynev1 Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

@tariely Thanks for the comment *:) I'm not actually doing anything too crazy on the pics - they're just SC4 pics and a couple clicks of a cloud brush that I downloaded in PS, same as what other CJ authors like MilitantRadical, SimCoug, and even Ln X have done in their entries. I know I did some more extensive pics in the past, like Victoria & Angel Falls - but I don't plan on making any more pics like that. And besides, not much reason to either, considering I can now BAT stuff like that - which you may be seeing in future entries *;) I'm keeping the enhancements much smaller these days - mainly small stuff like the line I added on the road in the Pan-American Highway pic.

@Don_Pato Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the Beagle Channel pic *:)

@mike_oxlong Thanks for the praise!

@Simmer2 Thank you! *:)

@Silur Thanks for the comment, much appreciated!

@_Michael Thanks for the comment! *:)

@TekindusT Well, I don't have the exact number, but all I know is that I've gone through two mouses already with all the MMPing *:P Thanks for the comment.

@Fantozzi Thanks for the comment and for that truly unique analysis regarding Cubism - I enjoyed reading it *:)

@jakis Thank you!

@feyss Thanks, glad you enjoyed it *:)

@Dgmc2013 Thanks for stopping by, appreciate the comment!

@Marushine Thanks for the comment, appreciate it *:)

@Burnout2552 Thanks! I always like pushing this old game to its limits and I'm glad you liked it *:)

@Silur Thanks for the comment - I think you hit the nail on the head there *:)

@Akallan Thanks as always for the supportive comments!

@RandyE Thanks for the comment and for the analysis - never thought of it like that before!

@juliok92012 Thank you! *:)

@simlacroix Thanks for the comment *:) Yeah, it was difficult getting the right colors on the terrain - I had to make a number of modifications to my terrain mods to get the right look (most of what's out there is generally too green and saturated for my taste).

@pcwhiz24 Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it.

@GoKingsGo Thanks for the comment *:)

And finally, big thanks to @GoKingsGo, @simlacroix, @TMTS, @Von F., @v701, @baltazar23, @MushyMushy, @Elenphor, @sucram17, @RandyE, @Brooklyn81, @Manuel-ito, @anytownUSA, @Andrey km, @Talla 2XLC, @Akallan, @Themistokles, @nos.17, @mattb325, @Marushine, @Ducio, @Dgmc2013, @bobolee, @rathefalcon, @Jolteon, @mrsmartman, @jakis, @Fantozzi, @_Michael, @AlexSLM520, @Silur, @Pluispixel, @CT14, @Simmer2, @mike_oxlong, @f3cs, @Don_Pato, @tariely, @cmdp123789, @matias93, @Bastet69008, @kingofsimcity, & @scotttbarry for all the likes!

13 Comments

Fantastic! You always manage to perfectly capture the essence of whichever region you showcase. As always, I remain in awe.

korver likes this

Share this comment

aaaw, not again ! Not another jaw-dropping, despair-inducing, beautiful-I-will-never-be-able-to-do-this entry !?! #Jaw-Dropped&Despairing

*;)

korver likes this

Share this comment

A nice bite-sized update compared to your usual shock and awe fare! Love the autumn colors and the interesting use of mgb's pedestrian bridge in here is a really nice touch.

korver likes this

Share this comment

Wow wow wow.

This is what I call realism...

Spoiler

1) Korver:

Spoiler

Krumlov3.jpg?dl=1

Real thing:

Spoiler

euyuzLe.png

2) Korver:

Spoiler

Krumlov2.jpg?dl=1

Real thing:

Spoiler

ILiHhSY.png

3) Korver:

Spoiler

KrumlovRiver.jpg?dl=1

Real thing:

Spoiler

QXSg9ny.png

I can't really tell the difference! 

Share this comment

Even with the limits of recreation, you truly capture that central European feel... the quiet winter nights, the hazy summer, the tourists scattered around the square... Wonderful.

korver and Dazzyls like this

Share this comment

I have a craving for coffee on a terrace in this beautiful village. Do you think this is possible?

It's real? No.... It's SimCity...

Good job.... It's amazing.

korver likes this

Share this comment

The medieval towns are always beautiful and full of stories. You too, the small streets, the small stream that passes through the city and all these details makes the city alive and beautiful! Congratulations! *:P

korver likes this

Share this comment

Český Krumlov is amazing!
I just had free time to see your last entries now. But it's good because I can admire 2 in one go.
I do not know if I ever told you, but some of your pictures have become wallpapers from my phone from time to time :)

korver likes this

Share this comment