Bellingham Journal

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Public Transport: Part 2

f3cs

Hello again. This will be a quick entry, that will finally fit in the description of the CJ: Me asking for help and doing stuff.

VWMIFLH.png

This is how Bellingham looks right now: A Sprawling metropolis with almost 3 mi people in it. Every metropolis have its problems with transportation Bellingham's is called Bandeirantes Avenue.

2CQD37m.png

Crossing with Avenida dos Campeões, another big arterial road of the city

In few years, the avenue became one of the biggest cores of the city, with 64000 vehicles per day in it's five lanes per direction. All this complex it's right now this avenue is being serviced only by one subway station, Estação Bandeirantes of Line 1, one of the most used stations of the metro system.

9lvqNJY.png

Graphic representation of the usage of the stations and the services

MhPH9xP.png

Image of the station itself

This and the need of servicing more specifically like

- Traditional neighborhoods

rgx1MYr.png

Neighborhood Jardim 8 de Março and the Avenida 8 de Março Expressway

eWrG9R0.png

Neighborhood Bom-Retiro

- Another Crowded Metro station

RnJtmch.png

Nearby of the Finas Artes Station

pLOvFO0.png

- Parks and Landmarks

XVOJkwi.jpg

Parque Iguaçu in the left bottom

D2mXvqZ.jpg

Sambadrome of Bellingham

Led the city to design a new subway line, linking those points:

4tZ5Asi.png

Map of the designed line:

Kff9myI.jpg

Line With stations: Transfer stations are in red

UPje0Lj.jpg

Existing networks

What do you think? Good Plan? Or waste of time and money? Another thing that you want to propose?

2 Comments

Recommended Comments

I'll go right to the issue: a line going from a congested point to another won't be useful unless you were really lucky: nothing guarantees you that your Sims commute between those places, so the line would end being used only by the ones transferring from other lines.

I would recommend instead to look from where your Sims commute to this busy points, and to devise a route that serves those voyages. In any case, you can also make changes in zoning to back your route, adding some commercial lots close to the stations and increasing the residential density around the line, to reduce travel times and allow Sims to move closer to their transportation media.

Share this comment

18 hours ago, matias93 said:

I'll go right to the issue: a line going from a congested point to another won't be useful unless you were really lucky: nothing guarantees you that your Sims commute between those places, so the line would end being used only by the ones transferring from other lines.

I would recommend instead to look from where your Sims commute to this busy points, and to devise a route that serves those voyages. In any case, you can also make changes in zoning to back your route, adding some commercial lots close to the stations and increasing the residential density around the line, to reduce travel times and allow Sims to move closer to their transportation media.

Well, Sims use the stations if they link for jobs in somewhere, and this line would link for one of the biggest complex of offices in the region, so I think there will be some use. A great number of those cars are getting in there from places that I already have a subway station and they get there by car because they don't have to walk (line 1) or they have stations, but it don't reach there so fast, with transfer (line 2). I use a different interpretation of Transit Oriented Development, that means that the stations have already big buildings in its front, causing the heavy use that you can see.

Edited by f3cs  

Share this comment