Loquat County, CA

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Balboa

GoKingsGo

BalboaLoquat3_zps2wefe5uc.png

BalboaPanorama_zpsl8imwz1j.jpg

Hi everyone.  This is my new region, Loquat County, California.  Here is a quick preview of the largest city and soon-to-be metropolis, Balboa.  It's population is just under 200k sims, and the region isn't much more than that.  After it develops more I will post region wide shots and other parts of the city.  Here is a quick taste of the city and then a showcase of the brand new shopping center, fast food places, and gas stations just built in south Balboa.  I will post more when the city is more developed and cleaned up (there's a lot of duplicates and empty spaces).

TrafficGIF_zpsl8cuousp.gif

Where the 18 freeway ends and turns into Balboa Blvd.

FreewayEnd_zpsfnmfsskb.jpg

Home Depot and Del Taco in the newly built Sobo Shopping Center

DelTacoMosTop_zpsy6gtm7l4.jpgDelTacoMosBottom_zps3lygktpi.jpg

HomeDepotNursery_zpszddslvoe.jpg

Date Palm Drive.  Part of the prestigious "fruit streets" neighborhood in north Balboa.  Other famous streets in the neighborhood include Blackberry Street, Pomegranate Road, and Anjou Drive.

DatePalmRoadGIF_zpsiolu60px.gif

GasStations2_zps0jhvkcfh.png

PartyCityPano_zps1yrdxqt3.jpg

A fight broke out in front of 7eleven.  They should have gone to the Pot Shop a few doors down...

7elvenPano2_zpssylwh2sj.jpg

ShoppingCenterPano_zpslzgfrc5y.jpg

DriveThrus2_zpsmutkvd0c.png

Current city data

Keep in mind, this city and region is still kind of an awkward teen, it has some growing and maturing to come.  I just couldn't wait to post some of the screen shots below of In-n-Out and Starbucks, plus some that will be in the next post.

Data_zpslkxmh28x.jpg

CostcoFinal_zpseycyxh2t.png

OfficeDepotGIF_zpsekynecgf.gif

In-n-OutPanoFinal_zps1r7thubm.png

In-n-OutFinal_zpswcgc03tq.jpg

StarbucksInnout_zpsnepxb3ge.jpg

InStarFinal_zpsbkjxasjb.jpg

disclaimer: all custom content here was not created by me, just merely rearranged and combined by me.  I know a good amount of the retail buildings came from SimGoober.  The parking lots I believe are LBT.  The excellent, excellent flora is mostly CP and LBT.  The cars and random props are from a variety of sources.  The streets (which I highly recommend) are RVT streets from Rivit.  The In-n-Out building is from Joerg.  For any questions about who created the content or where I got it from, I will do my best to find out -- I like to give credit where credit is due -- but I'm also somewhat disorganized so I can't guarantee an answer.  I would like to thank all that have BATed, modded, and created custom content to keep this great game alive and fun. 

StarbucksFinal_zpsvow9h6bz.png

BigLotsMos_zpsvwv4yxgp.jpg

RiteAidFinal_zps3xwhvlh7.png

Part 2 will be released soon

PHBSD, kschmidt, korver and 15 others like this

15 Comments

Wow, this must have taken a lot of work. Very impressive, well done. I love the way you have done the curved flyover in the first picture as well. The donut place, the drive thru's. All excellent

GoKingsGo likes this

Share this comment

@TekindusT  thats chill dude.  Thanks!

@MissVanleider  Yes it did, thank you for noticing.  Endless scrolling.  Thanks for the kind words

@feyss The windiness is due to the slope mod.  I didn't like it at first but it turned out good.  Thanks!

@ulisse  Thank you compadre

Share this comment

California on a plate ! Like the use of RHW sections in innertown use as semi highway sollution. U.S.A. pro automobile country classic city layout big, bigger, european commercial zoning is much less space consuming layout for aswell road as masstransit sollutions, well done !

GoKingsGo likes this

Share this comment